The Goat Spot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
IT'S A GO!!!!! Even tho Mr Brooks couldn't reach the reference, he was convinced by talking to GoatCrazy and he ok'd Jill going there!!! Thursday or Friday????
Oh that is wonderful! Thursday or Friday works for me! :stars: :party: :fireworks:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
OK I just PM'd her I would send $25 but I need an address so can mail it out today!
I am sure you have her address by now, she is on and so excited to know that Jill will be going to a great home.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Ok, I just went thru and deleted messages that I didn't need so I could keep the ones I needed. I have 4 people offering to help for a tally of $145. That is pretty darn close to getting Jill to Wyoming. If you still want to donate, I won't say no until I know we absolutely have it covered, but I think we're good. (that amount is different than what I told a couple of you, but I double counted a couple...my bad and why I went thru and started deleting messages I didn't need.)

You guys ROCK!!! And...prayers for safe travel are just as valuable as anything else. I never turn down a prayer!

·
Registered
31,071 Posts
Happy News and safe travels...

Goatcrazy...Im so happy for you and the pup!!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Thank you! It seems like such a long time until Thursday or Friday! :laugh:

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
What an amazing thread! Honestly, I have never come across a finer group of people than the members here!!!!!!!
I tell you, when I started this thread I honestly only expected a few replies....not this outpouring! My husband couldn't believe it either. He isn't too happy about me driving to Wyoming, but he'll get over it. LOL He understands that it gives closure to our young friend, Cass. The reason I got so involved with this dog is because of her. She's 16 and this last year...especially the last 2 months have been sheer hell for her. Her mom left them the beginning of August. Her dad was having a very hard time dealing with it and I got a frantic call from her late one night "He's been drinking and has his gun! I don't know what to do!" Got that calmed down (for both of them, finally). Her surrogate grandpa/employer/family friend (Wes, the owner of Jill) had his cancer come back in the form of bleeding tumors on his brain. Her horse that she has been training herself for the last 3 years got a truly horrendous injury and died from a bloodclot (got that frantic call early in the morning when she had to drive Wes 1 1/2 hours to his treatment)...yep, made the drive with her. THEN...she walks in and finds Wes... We truly needed to find a home for Jill so that Cass can feel like she has closure and did her best... I cannot thank everyone on here that has responded, etc....when I say you guys ROCK....I mean it!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Oh Wow - that poor kid! My heart hurts for Cass, no one should have to deal with all that in such a short time! Talk about going from 16 to 40 overnight! I am so glad that she had you to lean on and help her out. You are a wonderful person with an outstanding heart, kccjer! :hug:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Oh my heart just aches for Cass. I kept meaning to ask how she was doing. 16 and finding this man that she looked up to gone. That has to be just horrible and all the others things to top it off. Please give her a hug and tell her some of us are praying for her.

I am getting excited for you, goatcrazy and Jill.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Have a safe trip and please take pictures.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Cass and I are planning on leaving for Wyoming early tomorrow morning. I'll get pics and post them on here after we get there!!
Cant wait to see pics!
So good to hear that you are there for Cass, she is so young to be starting Life like this......
I hope her situation improves in general.... Thankyou for being there.....
(And Goatcrazy too for taking in this poor dog, and helping ease Cass's heartache too)....

61 - 80 of 96 Posts