The Goat Spot Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Update - Cameron, Cass, and Jill arrived at about 1:30 this afternoon. It was a lovely visit, and Jill is settling in very nicely. She is eating, drinking, accepting an occasional treat, giving me kisses, and going bonkers trying to take in all the new sights, smells, and animals. I think she is going to be just fine here.

To everyone who helped fund the trip for Carmen to bring Jill to me, a very heartfelt Thank You! To everyone who provided emotional support and caring, Thank You, too! You guys are a great bunch of people!

·
Registered
31,019 Posts
An exciting new road for both you and Jill...

Best wishes...

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Giving you kisses sure sounds like a good sign! I am so happy you have her!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Oh good! I didn't really expect any problems, but it's always good to know you made it home ok.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
How in the heck did I miss this thread!!??!!
Ok first, kccjer, please tell Cass that I will be praying for her tonight!!
Goatcrazy, what a wonderful, amazing thing you did!! I just can't express without a giant hug how awesome I think you are for doing this. Not to mention all the goat advice! :)
And to the other goatspot members who donated gas money, thank you. I did get quite a few offers to have money donated to get my Pygmy goat spayed. Unfortunately we decided to not go through with the surgery, just because it was too risky for her. But it is a testament of how amazing you all are. Thinking about this makes me tear up and that is a hard thing to do ;)

Faith in Humanity restored. :hug:

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Thank you Scotty, but I am just me. I fumble and fall and make wrong decisions just like everyone else. Jill had a need and I could help, so I did. The awesome ones are the people who helped fund the trip that brought her to me, and Carmen and Cass who were willing to make the trip that brought her to me. Both of those things were above and beyond the 'call of duty' as far as I'm concerned. As far as the goat advice goes, I was a scared, uncertain newbie once and terrified of making a mistake. I've learned a few things over the past 6 years, and if I can help I am willing to do so. :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Thank you Scotty, but I am just me. I fumble and fall and make wrong decisions just like everyone else. Jill had a need and I could help, so I did. The awesome ones are the people who helped fund the trip that brought her to me, and Carmen and Cass who were willing to make the trip that brought her to me. Both of those things were above and beyond the 'call of duty' as far as I'm concerned. As far as the goat advice goes, I was a scared, uncertain newbie once and terrified of making a mistake. I've learned a few things over the past 6 years, and if I can help I am willing to do so. :)
So very well put!! :hug:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I am so happy that all went well for everyone and that Cass likes where Jill is. That is wonderful news. I know she was happy that she was going someplace but to like it and be happy for Jill that is a blessing.
And for Jill giving you kisses. That brought tears to my eyes. Wow she sure knows she will be safe and at home. I think the kisses were also from her owner that passes away saying thank you for taking care of my girl.
If you all need more money to cover that trip please let me know I will send you what you need.
Good bless you all for what you did for Jill. You know we are all true animal lovers for sure.
Now did you get pictures of all you together?

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Awww.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Thanks again to EVERYONE who donated. It was truly wonderful of you all. We had enough to get there and back with no problem.
So good to hear!!!!
Yay to everyone who came together for Cass and Jill!
Great Pic, she is a pretty dog! I hope she and GoatCrazy have many happy times together....

81 - 96 of 96 Posts