Doggie Photo Shoot! lol

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Crissa, May 29, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I was bored, so I took my camera and one of my dogs outside to do a photo shoot. Laci is quite the model. lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is a cute dog - what breed?

3. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you! She's a mini husky. Supposed to be purebred, but there's no way. Everyone thinks she has either some coyote or wolf in her. But she doesn't act it. But definitely a Siberian husky mix of some sort.

Here's another picture.
    [​IMG]

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very pretty dog..... :love: .....up close and personal.....LOL :greengrin:

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Every time you get a dog with "wolf" markings, people are certain it's got wolf in it!

Working in exotic mammal rescue that specialized in wolves and wolf mixes, I have a background in recognizing and working with them. We even had a few dabs at breeding them, my best friend in the world when I was younger was a "Tundra Shepherd", a wolf/GSD mix that was developed through careful breeding, that we bred ourselves.

Anyways! You're baby is BEAUTIFUL! I love the first picture soo much. But I'd be willing to bet money there's no wolf there. :wink:

The ears, eyes, and body lines suggest Husky, German Shepherd, and believe it or not, some type of collie or spitz breed. Likely spitz. There's something else too, especially with that short dense coat. Can't quite put my finger on it. The "mini husky" isn't a "purebred" to begin with anyways. It was developed using several breeds to size down the husky.

Though frankly, none of it matters, does it? What a beautiful dog and I bet she's a wonderful blessing in your life. She looks absolutely snuggable!

:love:

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I meant that she was supposed to be a Siberian Husky, but I call her a mini because of her size. :wink: I know that there's no wolf or anything there as well. People just seem to think that for some reason. :roll: I could see her being part Border Collie or something, as she's built a lot like one of my boss's younger border's. And thank you! She is probably the greatest dog ever! (okay for me anyways, lol)

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  8. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Ahhh...I see what you meant now! :greengrin:

All that matters is that she's the bestest dog in the whole wide world. :clap:

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Exactly. :wink: Just thought I'd clear it up as I didn't explain it well. lol

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    LOL! He's/She's so cute!

Here's a mini husky for you...
    [​IMG]

Just kidding. He's a pomeranian. But he sure looks like one!

11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks! Laci is a great dog, she gets her first agility lesson tomorrow!

OMG! That dog is TOO cute! Is it really a mini husky or a pom? (it looks like a pom to me :shrug: but those markings are gorgeous!)

12. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yeah, he's a Pom. He's such a ham though. He poses for the camera!

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Hehe, poms are such cute little dogs.

14. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Now if I could only teach him to ride in a goat cart. He gets motion sick. LOL

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Dreamchaser.....you pom ...is a real cutie.......... :love: :wink: :greengrin:

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Aw! I had a pom! They are really HAIRY!!! :shocked:

17. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    LOL I know! I used to think they were called pom poms, well, because they looked like you coould use them for cheerleading!

Sorry Crissa for hijacking your thread.

Does your mini huskey's hair get longer, or do you shave her?

18. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Hehe, that's alright. :)

No her hair doesn't get any longer, much more manageable than an actual purebred Husky. She does shed like crazy though, luckily she LOVES to be brushed!

Her lesson yesterday went GREAT! She was one of the best behaved ones there. We didn't get to practice agility though, just ran through some obedience stuff. But it did go really well.

19. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I love both those dogs! We have poms so I'm partial to them, but I love the northern breeds and that husky/malamute/wolf look. :)

20. Well, as you know I love your pup.

I am not sure I can figure out the whole post a pic thing but I will try.