Doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!! They are home!!!!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Oct 24, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    :cool: :cool: :cool: My New Nigerians came back clean!!! I get new girls!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

So remember when I found the registered girls DIRT cheap that I couldn't resist and hubby said ok. Then she thought that there was something wrong? She casterated the male that I was going to get in the deal - and I told her she could sell him as I didn't want a wether, but if the girls ( 3 adult does - never freshened and a May doeling) came back negative I wanted them.

Well, blood work in - I GET NEW DOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoop Whoop!!!!

I am just stoked. Haven't told hubby yet. But he knows that I think I may have found the buck - and he just rolled his eyes - LOL!

Oh I am so exited. 3 more does to breed to Joe immediately so more chance for little Dir-te' babies!!!!!!!

2. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    Re: Doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!! I wonder what hubby will think??? Mine is OK with new goats as long as I sell some of the old ones. Its always fun to get new goats in!!! can we get some pics soon???

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

congrats........wonderful news................ :leap: :leap:

dirte babies ............so funny...... :ROFL:

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Hubby is fine with it - I talked to him and told him. We will either pick them up this weekend or next weekend. I am pushing for Sunday personally to pick them up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

( the doeling is on the right)

And she wants me to look at her adult buck when I am there and see if I want him also - so who knows!!! may come home with a new buck also - LOL!

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Congrats! :D

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Congrats Alison!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Thanks all. I am really trying to convince hubby to let me pick them up tommorrow. I don't know though. We are supposed to go to town for a B-Day party. I want to go but there is going to be some people there that I have an real issue with and have told that I want them no where around me and my family. And son was home with the flu yesterday. So we will see.

I am real interested to see her buck. I guess he is terrified of people because he was kept away from people for a few years when he was born - but it is the sire to the girls - so I will probobly pass unless he is just "to die for".

I will let you all know when they are here and take better pics.

BTW - does it look like the one that is white with black legs that it has waddles???

8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

It's kinda hard to tell from that pic but it looks like she might.

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Congrats Allison!! They are darling!!

I'm pretty sure the black/white doe has wattles....I think the doeling has them also.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Yes...the black/white doe has waddles!!! Hee hee....Joe Dirt babies with "Jewelry"....sounds like babies we will REALLY need to see!! :greengrin:

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

I think that doe is actually a chocolate and white doe from the looks of it.

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

You know - I thought so also - but when I talked with the owner last night I asked if the doeling was black and white or chocolate and white - she said that if she remembered right she was black and white - so I guess it will be a surprise till I pick her up.

I am REALLY trying to convince hubby to let me get them tommorrow...... he is on his way home now so we will see.

If would be better if we did it next weekend - but I have a feeling I will be "ill" the day after halloween as we are going to an Adult Halloween Party! (yes us old people still know how to have fun!)

13. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

:wahoo: Congrats!!!! :wahoo: We will need TONS more pics when you get them home! They are VERY pretty!

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Thanks Brandi....

If I had my way, I would be going to pick them up the second that hubby is driving in the driveway, but I know that that won't happen - LOL!

15. FancyAppy

FancyAppy New Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Pennsylvania

Congratulations. You sound so excited. Have a good trip tomorrow

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Hope it worked out for you to get them today! Can't wait to see more pics, and see pedigrees! :D They look so very cute! Love the wattles on the girls. . . . ;)

17. MysticHollowGoats

MysticHollowGoats Guest

Sep 10, 2008

Congrats on you new goats :sun:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well the girls are home!

I am on my way outside to cut hooves, vaccinate, take pics, and introduce them into the herd!

I will have pics in a few hours for you all!!!

They are sooooo cute!

19. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yay!!! :leap: Can't wait to see pics!!

20. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Sweet! :D Is this the one that also had a buck she wanted you to buy? Did you like/get the buck??