The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my microscope should be here anyday. I've got what i need, including infomation, but my question is this - i want to do fecals for my horses as well, is there any information i could print out on the worm eggs that they may be haboring or what to look for ? Sorry if i put this in the wrong spot, i was sure where to post. Thanks !

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
You know. I have thought that aslo. I did find the info somewhere and I am not sure where. I will have to look. I need to do one also on my horses. I for some reason was thinking that my vet said he would get me a page to look for. you might call a vet and see if they would do that for you.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Where'd you get your microscope? I wouldn't mind doing my own fecals too.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Ashely, on Fias Co, if you type Doing Your Own Fecals in the search engine, she tells a place to get a really nice microscope for $100. I've been doing my own fecals for a while, it is very interesting :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've never had much luck looking at fecals. I can never tell what is what.

Trob1 taught me how toand she's real good at it.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I bought my scope on Ebay. I just had to wait, and I did get mine (really nice one), for $35.00.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
For Christmas my grandma is getting me a microscope and all the stuff needed to do the fecals. Once I told her what i wanted it for she was all gung ho about it. :D

So I am excited.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought mine from a lady on another board i belong to - i love it !

Did my fist one though ( goat ) and didn't find any eggs - whats the odds of that ? Oh well, if i just missed them at least i have lots of poop to pratice with :+)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Rockytopsis and me and our husbands got to try it out at UT's seminar last year. I haven't used my own microscope yet due to the move and now due to figuring out where I want to work with poop in my nice new house. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts