Doing Your Own Fecals?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by FourSnyders, May 8, 2009.

1. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Has anyone out there tried doing their own fecals on their goats? How do you go about doing this? What all equipment do you need?

Thanks,

The Snyders

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    there should be information on here already about this. Check the goat sense 101 section. If not I will do some searchign around for it on here. You can also try the search feature too :)

3. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Thanks! I will take a look around and get back to you on that!

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I just recently started playing around doing my own fecals.....I use this site from Langston University..... http://www2.luresext.edu/goats/library/fec.html#fec ........I also bought my microscope on ebay from microscopes unlimited.....it pays in the long run to get a good quality scope, I tried with a cheap one and could see nothing. I think my scope with shipping was a little over $100.00, I bought a students microscope......oh, I also ordered the McMaster slide to and I really like it, makes counting easier.
    Hope this helps, Denise

5. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I did not get a chance this weekend to try all of this out, but I will try next weekend. Stacey, I did find the previous posts on doing your own fecals.

Thanks all!