Doll kidded. Twin doelings! -PHOTOS-

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by firelight27, Feb 10, 2010.

1. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    So, here are the photos of Dolls twins. I have no names yet, but was thinking of something to do with love, etc. considering they were born near V-Day.

In any case, they both have blue eyes though its hard to tell in the photos.

Doeling 1:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Doeling 2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I might keep the dark buckskin to replace mom. She isn't as insane as she first was, but she is still awfully skittish. She has been fine since I put them in their little pen and acted calm around me, but when she is in an open space its ridiculous to try and catch her. If her baby is going to be as nice as her, I might as well have the tame, loving version. Lol.

2. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Awww they are sweet :)

3. goatbless

goatbless New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Wow! Two beautiful buckskin does! I think I'm turning green with envy.. :greengrin:

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!! They're beautiful

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations on such adorable little girls!!!

6. MattMattsMomma

MattMattsMomma New Member

Jan 14, 2010
  7. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    There's nothing cuter one this earth than a baby goat & they sure look precious! Congrats!

I love Babblefish.com to think of names w/meaning. Here's "love" in a few other languges:

Spanish amor

German Liebe

Italian amore

French aimer

Finnish rakastaa

Dutch liefhebben

Swedish kärlek

Welsh cariad

Ojibwe Zahgidiwin

8. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

in my family's german/yiddsh language;

beautiful girl : Shayinah.
    lovely girl : Lieba.

9. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats :kidred: :kidred: and beautiful to boot! :stars:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww...how cute... congrats :greengrin: :love:

11. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats, they are gorgeous!

I'm with you on your plan, except I would be highly tempted to keep them both and send mom packing. I tame wild goats, but its gotten to the point I would just rather have tame goats or raise tame babies than take in anymore wild goats.

I was going to do this with a doe I had, Snowflake, GORGEOUS doe, but the creature never could get pregnant and I sold her along with my retired old Cowbell to a petting zoo.

12. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Thanks everyone. Nice name options. I'm still undecided... Yeah, I'm tired of taming wild ones myself. My first goat was crazy. She is pretty tame now, but not friendly. She'll come up to me because she is always expecting treats, but I can only catch her if I grab her collar real fast while she is sniffing my hand or eating a snack. She really doesn't like being handled no matter how nice I am to her. My buck was from the same lady I got this new doe from, and he is still insane...although I don't want to cuddle Mr. Stinky anyways. But it would be nice to be able to catch him easily for hoof trims, worming, moving him around pens, etc. I only bought this doe because she was gorgeous and a great price. Her one daughter is a carbon copy of her, so I might as well keep her instead. Lol.

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    cuties :)

what about lovebug
    heartbreaker
    lovestruck
    twitterpated

14. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Ohhh MY I love that second girl!

Lucky you- having the tough decision of deciding which doe to keep! :)

I really like Talitha's name suggestions too!

15. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    I really like Lovestruck and Twitterpated. Too bad I can't register them because those would be awesome reg. names for them. Supposedly mom and dad are both registered, but the lady is doing her best to ignore me after telling me she'd get me the papers... :(