The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Carissa
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a sad day to report that Dolly, our long haired ND, passed away 3 days ago. We had just taken her to the vet and he diagnosed her with hookworms and lice but treated her for both so I don't understand why she still died.
My husband had no idea worms could be that devastating. And the kids are sad she's gone. Her kid, Sadie, cried when we took her out of the pen and yesterday's the first day she hasn't called for her. She still seems sad and looks for her throughout the day.
The rest of them all watched as we put her to rest, it was kinda sweet in a weird way. I didn't know they would morn like that.
Well, thanks for reading.

Carissa

·
Super Moderator
31,626 Posts
Im so sorry.....they do mourn...and they heal with lots of TLC...Im sorry for your loss...

·
Boers & Nubians
1,912 Posts
Oh, how terrible! Prayers are being sent for you and your herd. Hold little Sadie tight, in remembrance of her sweet momma.

·
Carissa
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone, I appreciate the prayers and well wishes. Her daughter, Sadie, isn't taking it well I don't think. She has become the great escape artist and we've had to modify the gate 3 times already to keep her in. It's nearly a daily thing now that we see her out. My mother in law says its to get at our cow's grain but I'm not convinced that's the whole reason. What can I do to help Sadie?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts