The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be just a bit biased... but I am really happy with my 2 home bred girls
Dollys Acre MY Foxy Lil' Lady 3/8/2012( Red) and Dollys Acre BTC Maggie Mae 2/13/2013 (Black)

Foxy is out of Boggs Whitetail Ranch Penelope and Ol' Country 38 Murphy
Maggie is out of Hollow Ache R Binkey and Zanzabeez ZSR Burnt to a Crisp

At this point, I'd like to see a bit more rear width with Foxy and a bit more length with Maggie. Foxy will be bred this October to either Crisp or my new boy who will be here in a few weeks Gibson Farm FL Boris out of Sunny Daze Kiss My Flash x God's Love Farm H Allie.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:) Thank you

Being small scale and wanting to raise quality animals that are friendly, hardy and put out in the milk pail, I am pleased thus far with my kids.
I certainly lean more towards the Nigerians that have the length of leg and body that makes it easier to milk.... with up there udders that have enough clearance between teat and floor to milk comfortably :) I am enjoying milking my ND more than when I had my pygmy does freshening :)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
That is what we're aiming for too. I want hardy does that are sturdy without being chunky, dairy without being toothpicks, and a nice length of leg so that I can see what I'm doing when I'm milking. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Danielle... doing all of this to improve upon them isn't that easy is it? As well as keeping within the breed standards.... Foxy's dam is very dairy and one of those "toothpick" type does but wow did she put out in the milk pail :) Maggies dam Binkey is my best milker... but a very deep bodied doe, to get the awesome "in between" of those 2 girls here would be a good thing for me :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts