Domestic x Lynx/bobcat? link to pictures. . .

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    Well, I'm not sure they are cats.
    I actually believe they are hybrids.
    They are less than 3 months old and the male kitten, Einstein, he has the face, feet and body that is totally not kittycat like.. He doesn't look like a normal cat. He doesn't even act like a normal cat. In fact, he is almost completely unmanagable, and he takes a snap at anything that moves.
    He has the tuffs of hair on the end of his ears, and he has these huge paws. . .
    His legs are stripped brown and grey and so is his mask.
    Is it possible?
    If it is, this may be the reason the mama cat deserted her brood.
    even now, Rissy hates the kittens with a passion. She won't let them within 2 feet of her.
    I have bite marks on my hand right now . . . . *am I officially losing it?* A few weeks ago I would have denied it but . . . .he has HUGE paws and he acts like crazy sometimes . . .

:shocked: and I cut myself this morning and he tried to eat me . . . . :shocked:
    Either he is a hybrid or I may have the very first vampire kitty in america. . . . lol.

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008

3. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Re: Do you remember those kittens I bottle raised?

I was going to say that a hybrid is certainly possible but you found that answer. I'd love to see pictures of him.

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    Re: Do you remember those kittens I bottle raised?

I will take a picture of him this afternoon yet.
    He is an absolutely gorgeous little thing.

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
  6. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    oh wow that would be so cool, i love bobcats :love:

I think Puff is somehow part racoon or squirrel because of her tail
    Or maybe just wild cat xD

and the blong think wouldnt load for me today, because my computer has issues lol.
    I'll try load it again later.

7. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Very cute!

I have extensive experience in exotic mammals, including hybridized canines and cats, both big and small.

I would haphazard a guess that your little cutie is not a hybrid. He certainly has a "wild" look to him, though! What a darling. I would say he has a large amount of an oriental breed in him, with likely Maine Coon in there as well. The result is a great looking wild little kitty there.

As for him biting you, that's just naughty kitten behavior. I'm sure you are teaching him that is unacceptable. :greengrin:

Like I said, he is gorgeous. If I were closer and he was for adoption, I would give him a home in a heartbeat.

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i'm sorry but he's def not a hybrid

my friend has a cat that looks JUST like that.. she calls it a ragdoll cat

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    my bestest friend has a domestic X lynx hybrid. theyre REALLY huge with ear tufts.

10. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    He's nice to look at . . .but he needs a desperate attitude adjustment. He bites like crazy . . .
    And on the things that makes him look weird is the fact that his hindlegs are longer than his front legs, which is really weird. Thanks everyone.

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so cool ......but man......... the biting...ouch.... :shocked:

12. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Get a squirt bottle and give him a good squirt in the face when he acts up. :wink: