The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my donkey today. Thank god. I have been looking for several months now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way his name is going to be Otay. So he will be my Donkey Otay.

Thanks all.

Eden Acres Rembert SC

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes he is going to guard the goats and he is castrated. He is only a year and a half old. I hope my dogs are small enough that he won't bother them. My biggest dog is a Boston Terrier.

Eden Acres Rembert SC

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Otay just wants to be with everyone. But every time he goes over by the other animals they run off then he runs toward them. Then they run even faster. Its kind of comical. At least now they only have 20 feet of distance between them.

Eden Acres Rembert SC

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
Congrats on your donkey , he is really a cutie , I LOVE those ears !!
I must say though , every time I read your first post , I crack up :ROFL::ROFL:
Where did you get that name , I love it :p

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
With your dogs..make sure there is plenty of fence greet and meet time..My donkeys know my dogs...a strange dog will get ran off or worse...A gelded Donkey is usually safe with goats and thier babies, but keep an eye on him, since he is young he can still be playful..: ) ..we recently witnessedour donkeys doing thier job...we had a coyote out there andhe was circling our 30+ year old mini donkey, the rest of our herd came to her rescue and ran the coyote off after rolling him..then this morning we heard him out there again..ran out to check on the sheep and the donkeys circled them and began hee hawing in unison...the coyote never showed...it was pretty amazing!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.