dont think doe likes buck

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by countrylover, Oct 10, 2010.

1. countrylover

countrylover New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    my lamache doe has been in heat twice now each time she only lets the buck breed her once then she runs from him and fights him off and she isnt playing.is it possible she does not like him. :?

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It is definately possible. I have some does that do not get along with a certain buck and will let him mount and then start butting and running from him. If she was in standing heat and he bred her then she should be bred. If she is definately in standing heat then you could try holding her for him.

3. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    As KW Farms said, You cold try holding her, however is your doe is the size of mine, that wont be an easy or safe task. Is your buck rough with her or the pushy pawing type? I have a doe that wont tolerate any nonsense, She will stand to be bred but that is it. Not much help, Sorry. Maybe try a different buck if this one doesn't work out?

4. countrylover

countrylover New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    yes he is pretty rough and pushy.im hoping she is pregnant if not i have a friend who has goats and i will have to see if my doe will let her lamache breed with her,thanks for :wave: yalls replies gratly appreciated.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hope she takes for you.....
    sometimes holding them helps...I have tied up first timers before... as they where afraid of the buck and didn't know ....what he wanted ....and thought he was just out to hurt her ..... also as mentioned...yes some does... like certain bucks...the smellier the better... Is he a young buck?

6. countrylover

countrylover New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    no he isnt young he is 3 yrs.and he gets very excited and very pushy when it comes to breeding i dont think she likes how pushy he is.cause she has had one baby before but it as with a diffrent buck.