Don't you just love it...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by badnewsboers, May 20, 2008.

1. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    When you find a good goat friend? I came across this man named Ken when I was searching for a buck to breed my doe to. He was a Boer breeder in my hometown and since the breeders I normally dealt with were further away and selling off most their stock. I gave him a call and discussed breeding my doe with him. When her told me he had a RRD Remington *ennobled* son I knew then that was the stud I wanted. He refused to take a stud fee or let me even pay for my doe's feed. Ken let me show one of his doe kids and wants me to show more for him.

What really amazed me though was when I was out at his place yesterday. We were looking at this year's kids and discussing which ones he was going to keep or sell. There was this one paint buck kid out of the Remington son that really caught my eye and I was asking if he was going to keep him because I'd really like him as a show wether. He's such a nice boy that Ken was reluctant to band him. However he said if I really wanted him, we could work out a deal that I show a few of his does for him and allow him to breed back if I keep him as a buck. I love showing! For me to get a free goat for doing something I love is nothing short of amazing. I really want to keep him as a buck though. If only I had my own land... I'm toying with the idea of making a deal with one of my 4-h buddies into goats-like letting them breed to him in exchange for letting me keep him at their place.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great! finding friends in teh goat business is something I hope to do with showing.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    That was nice of him :) Goat people are always nice :thumb: