The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I did the same thing on my goat shed. It does really help keep the wind and snow out. I didn't cut any strips in my though. The goats just push on it and in they go. My goats must be angels too, they don't chew on it either. But mine will steal $ 5.00 out of your pockets and eat that. Go figure.

·
Premium Member
28,343 Posts
rubber is pretty hard and doesn't taste good so maybe that helps :shrug:

I've tried plastic (some really tough stuff not even sure what it usally is used for) and mine started to eat it! So down it went.

I like the rubber idea though, hmmmm will have to remember that

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My husband runs an excavation and landscaping supply company and probably about two years ago he brought some rubber "pond liner" home- and thats exactly what we did with it! We hung it over the small doors- and even a 10x10 run in, it really makes a huge difference.
We kept ours in solid flaps sort of like a regular dog door- it only takes them about 5 minutes to figure out they can push it open and come and go. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks PHF. We recently built a little run-in on to the back of an existing structure. We made it taller than our other run-in to make it easier for us to get in to clean, add minerals, etc. However, with the cold snap we had last week, I quickly realized how much colder it was than our more-enclosed run in. I am hoping that this will be a good solution during the winter months, provided they don't decide it's tasty.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I don't know how I missed this back when it started. Chelsey, that is a great idea. I love it.

As for you all that have goats that chew things, I have to say I have never had a goat chew anything. THANK THE LORD.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.