Dosage for Ivermectin paste

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Epona142, May 4, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I need to deworm, but this time instead of just dialing the weight and giving it to each, I want to make sure the dewormer is good and mixed by putting it in a new container, stirring it, and dosing each goat with a syringe.

So...how many cc's per pound is the dosage for Ivermectin paste? I know its three times the dosage for a horse, but I'm not sure the exact dosage in cc's.

Thank you!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I haven't done it in awhile but the easiest way would be to dial the dose you need then put it in a syringe so you know that so many pounds is equal to so many cc's/ Then after you do that you can put it all into the container and stir it up then suck up the dose in the cc's you'll need.

3. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Hmmm why didn't I think of that?

4. Normally the paste I get has the lbs on the tube. I normally just give a click or half a click depending on the lbs on the tube. I normally set the click up and shoot it in. ONCE this packfired but it was Safeguard so I was ok but at times you can not turn the stop right so be sure you have done that. Just what we do. I have found using the paste with a dench of some sort has helped out so much. A breeder in AL told me about it and ever since then I have had great sucsess. Normally Quest is the paste of choice used with my cc's of dench.