The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am wondering if anyone has used this paste before? Have there been any problems other than scurs going back? Is it a painful process? How do they react?

My vet retired and there is no one that does the dehorning except one but that vet puts them completely under and i dont think i would want that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have heard horror stories from dehorning paste. Everything from it getting in their or pasture mates eyes, to it burning way too far beyond the horn bud. It’s a chemical so it doesn’t stop and you can’t get it off. I have no experience with it though. I’m hoping that by me replying, it’ll bump your post back up to the top so people who have experience can see it. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
59,931 Posts
If you do a search on this site, there are old threads on the subject. It does work but you have to have perfect timing when you do it. If you do it too late, it doesn't work. I tried it and it did work when I did it at the right time. The problem was when I couldn't do it right away. Even a day made the difference. Also couldn't stand that it took at least 20 minutes and the disbudder takes about 15 seconds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts