The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Thorin got much better after his goat cold with a few days of garlic. So I went ahead and got his horns tipped with the others for show. The vet just rushed them and didn’t spend much time making sure everything was good and all the blood vessels was burnt. Another doe was bleeding for awhile afterwards.
Thorin seemed ok until the next day (3 days ago) when his horns started draining some sticky mucous stuff. Yesterday I wasn’t sure what to do so I sprayed some wound kote on there. Now he is coughing again. What do I do now?
Brown Liver Fawn Snout Terrestrial animal

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
Maybe infected. Take his temp.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Temp this morning is 103.2. I have procain g penicillin and LA-200. Which would be better for this issue? He has stopped eating his grain but is still eating hay. And very very gooey head. He is also coughing a lot more today.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After several shots of penicillin Thorin is doing much better. He actually met me at the gate this morning ready for breakfast! He is still draining but not as much and way slower. I also haven’t seen him cough since starting antibiotics. I had to give banamine yesterday caused he had a fever but since then his temp has stayed around 101.5.

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
Glad he's improving. Be sure to give probiotics daily.

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,660 Posts
Well I’m think about stopping the PenG on Saturday, that will be ten days. He’s doing really well and one horn is plugged up, the other is still open but neither is draining anymore.
Great news!!! So happy hes doing better!❤ Now, we need a new pic.....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great news!!! So happy hes doing better! Now, we need a new pic.....
Lol I’ll try to get new pics tomorrow when I feed him. He’s such a sweet boy. He knows what is going to happen when I walk in the pen to give him the shot, but he takes it very well for such a drama queen like him. I had to carry him into validation a few weeks ago because he fainted in front of all my friends and competition. That was rather embarrassing carrying a limp goat out of there. A 51 lbs limp goat…

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,660 Posts
Lol I’ll try to get new pics tomorrow when I feed him. He’s such a sweet boy. He knows what is going to happen when I walk in the pen to give him the shot, but he takes it very well for such a drama queen like him. I had to carry him into validation a few weeks ago because he fainted in front of all my friends and competition. That was rather embarrassing carrying a limp goat out of there. A 51 lbs limp goat…
Omg!!😆😆😆😆 what a lil stinker!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts