The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it was time to trim hooves again, I'm trying to find the balance of my new Mini Nubian's hooves. I just trimmed the girls two weeks ago, but I hadn't trimmed my baby buck in a couple months because he's stinky and extremely hormonal, and it was past time. I did my normal headlock between my knees and the front hooves went without much of a hitch. I grab his back left hoof and he freaked. Side note: he's only 9 months old so he was much smaller and younger the last time I trimmed. He started kicking, and if there's anything I've learned with animals it's: don't let go. I held on for dear life, keeping in mind to not let his hip twist and hurt him, when he flops dramatically on his left side and lays perfectly still. I was pretty surprised, but decided to take advantage of him not moving and finish his hooves. When I was done I let his hooves go and he stood up and was perfectly fine! I've never had a goat act like that! I get a picture of his drama, but took these right after.
IMG_6096.jpg
IMG_6097.jpg

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Too funny! My boys are so much more dramatic than my does ... they'll run and hide if they see the replemin tube come out and act totally like I poisoned them spitting and snorting and then a minute later they'll be demanding their animal crackers to get that nasty taste out of their mouths. Boys...ugh! ;)

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
:heehee::great:

Reactions: GoofyGoat
1 - 9 of 9 Posts