The Goat Spot Forum banner

Dried blood on vulva

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  toth boer goats 
#1 ·
My Mama Girl, just kidded 2 bucks four days ago. The last two days, we have noticed her having dried blood on her vulva. Almost looks as though its crusted on there. She will not let us near it to clean it off. The first baby to come out was trying to come out all four hooves at one time, so my husband went in and turned the baby 180 degrees and he came out just fine after that. No problems getting kid number 2 out. My question is, is this blood normal four days postpartum? First goat we've had.. she was pregnant when we got her. She is acting and eating normally. I am just worried this may stop her from being able to urinate! I was up there for about an hour earlier, and she never did... TIA

#2 ·
With my girls after birthing - about 4-5 days they have some blood discharge. Clears up some and then starts again. Some seem to have it go on quite awhile - some shorter times. It is a twice daily thing for me to have them come to the stanchion for grain and get a bottom (sometimes the udder) clean up with a warm cloth. I trim the hair well there and on their tail and have found that after a warm wash - pat dry and put a little mineral oil on their rear and up under the tail. Makes for easier cleanup next time. Do you have a stanchion? -or have your hubby hold her. Mine seem to like being cleaned up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.