The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am excited, I got a text from Dru's former owner today, telling me Dru's mama took Grand Champion, Best Doe in Show, and Best Udder in Show at the fair!! So I should have me a good little Doe when Dru grows up.:cool:

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I should have her send me some and see if she would let me post them. I met her when I purchased Dru. She is half Saanen, Half Nubian and looks a Lot more Saanen than Dru because Dru's daddy was full Nubian. She gives almost two gallons a day between 13 and 15 pounds her owner said. She is flat HUGE if Dru gets that big I may have to buy a saddle. (just kidding no one freak out)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Oh, Leslie, that is fabulous! Yes, you should have a fantastic doe when she grows up! Is Dru your avatar?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She is good, finally starting to grow and thrive. I guess that cocci really did a number on her but she is finally showing major improvement. Slicked off black as night and just generally looking better. Still small but growing.

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
That's great news, Leslie!! Do you have any pictures to share of this beautiful doe? :)
That's so exciting! I would love to see pictures too!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
Great news!

I was gone for a while...when did you get Dru? and glad to hear Daffodil is doing better!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
She is good, finally starting to grow and thrive. I guess that cocci really did a number on her but she is finally showing major improvement. Slicked off black as night and just generally looking better. Still small but growing.
Oh good! :dance: I am so happy to hear that! Your Dad is home and on the mend, too, isn't he?

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dad is home, still has the cath but he is chugging around the farm like normal. I am still hoping he doesn't have to permanently have the cath. He says he feels better than he has in a long time now, though, so that is great. I am sick myself right now, just got back from the doctor had normal sinus infection/respiratory infection that I knew I had, but doctor is concerned about a face rash I have had for a year and the way I have been feeling. He thinks he still might not have my thyroid under control, so he took more bloodwork today so maybe tomorrow I will know some more about why I have been a slug lately. LOL

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
That is great news about your Dad! :cool: :clap: Here's to solving the face rash, getting the thyroid under control, and kicking the sinus/respiratory infection soon and maybe you and your family can forget all the problems, and just enjoy some peace and downtime. :thumbup: :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts