The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe that I started drying up a month ago is mostly dry except for a little milk. I'm wondering if it's okay to just take that little bit out and if that will speed up the drying up. Her udder is really small and baggy already and she's doesn't seem to be making much or any more. I haven't milked her since the first week of August.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay! It is squishy and just a little warm. I did get two squirts out too. Is it okay for me to put her back with her daughter who I was also weaning or is there a chance if she gets milk her body will start making it again? I know without a doubt her daughter will try, but I don't want her undoing what I did.

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
You can try it and see. Just keep an eye on them and see if the daughter tries to nurse. I have a girl that I can never put back with any of her daughters because she will just let them start nursing like they never stopped.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I know she will not say no to her daughter. During the weaning I would let them be together before I separated them for bed and every time my doe would say no a few times and move away and then eventually let her try. So I'd have to rush in and separate them. :p

I'm just curious as to whether she can come back in milk.. I wouldn't mind her daughter getting milk if she didn't get so fat off of it. Her mom was feeding her TOO well haha!

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
She could come back. It probably won't be full blown in milk but won't be dried up either. At least you can try and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts