Due December 27!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by CottonwoodBoerGoats, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

2. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Any kids yet?
    I hope all is well.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    She’s doing fine but she just seems ready, you know? Her ligaments are completely gone as of two days ago. She’s been showing every single sign in the book for the last two weeks the poor thing.

based on the ligaments alone, she should’ve kidded yesterday. I’m beginning to consider calling the vet. Every other year she hasn’t shown any signs at all so this is making me nervous.

5. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

It certainly wouldn't hurt to have the vet look at her.

6. Gooseberry Creek

Gooseberry Creek Active Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    Can anyone give me a brand name to buy? I have 3 FFs and no colostrum or milk saved. I went to Tractor Supply and I saw so many different things called cllostrum this or that. If someone has a good brand they use..please share lol.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  7. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    I keep the brand “Save-A-Kid” Lamb and Kid Colostrum Replacer around for those just in case moments but if you can get colostrum from the doe it’s always best. I hope she kids soon. I agree calling a vet is wise especially if you’re concerned. You know your doe best, if she not doing what’s she usually does then yes, call the vet.

Attached Files:

8. Gooseberry Creek

Gooseberry Creek Active Member

Jun 3, 2020
    Florida
    Thank you. I will check and see if TSC has it if not, I will get some ordered.
    She isnt due until March 4th. Im just being a worried mom and obsessing early..trying to get things I might need lol. These are all FFs and will be MY first goats who kid so I've been watching videos and reading everything I can.

9. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    How exciting! My very first kids Born at my new farm are going to be mommies in March so I’ll be excited with you. It never hurts to be prepared. My first suggestion is to get a lamb puller, you may never need it but when you do, you need it right then ...and if you don’t have it you’ll really curse yourself. I saved two kids and mommas with one.
    Here’s one of my favorite charts. Print it out and study it. Hope it helps you.

http://abga.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Kidding-Positions.pdf

10. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    Triplets at 8 o’clock last night! Two boys and one girl. The girls name is Alice (means lucky number is three) and she is TINY 6.75 lbs. There’s a big boy, Oscar, and he’s about 9.5 lbs. And the other little boy doesn’t have a name yet but he’s around 8 lbs. The mama showed nothing new all day and I walked in the barn and BAM baby goats! This momma is incredible! She’s low maintenance, low drama, she’s easy to get bred and she gets the job done all on her own. She was licking them off and helping them nurse. She’s had triplets two years in a row now and they’ve all been beautiful. F5743F13-66C1-4B4F-BA42-EE8C7A231CA8.jpeg

GoofyGoat, Tanya, Sfgwife and 4 others like this.
  11. bisonviewfarm

bisonviewfarm Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2015
    CO
    Ahh congratulations! They're adorable.

MadHouse and CottonwoodBoerGoats like this.
  12. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!
    What a great momma!
    Cute kids!!

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You must add to the 2021 tally. Congrats on trips and congrats to mom for doing such a great job.

MadHouse likes this.