The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 yr old myotonic doe that is due on the 7th. She successfully kidded a single last year with no intervention and he was healthy. She is bagging up but today I noticed when she got up off the dog bed in the barn a thick red discharge in a pile of her poo, I am assuming she pushed it out of her when pooping. It was maybe the size of a quarter.

Is this normal or should I be in panic mode?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
That is great you have movement. That means things are probably ok. As long as you don't see any more blood I think she'll be fine. Perhaps it's like what happens with some people? Some women, before they give birth will have some blood. This is due to the cervix softening and losing the plug. I don't know if it's the same for goats though. I have never personally experienced this with any of my does before, but it sounds like she is fine.

Good luck! Hopefully, she will have very uneventful kidding.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
My doe that's due Thursday had a small bit of brown goo on her backside yesterday. Today she had maybe the same thing, her tail was a little sticky in one spot. I need to go back out since feeding time is over and check her out. But we still don't have any udder filling and ligs feel fairly tight lol. We're at 147 right now with her.

They'll do it when they feel like it lol. I pretty much go out in the mornings, feel ligs and look at udders. IF ligs are hard I think "Not today". If I see progress I'll check in the afternoon. Otherwise they get a quick feel/look at evening feeding time too.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts