Dumb bucks fightin?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Sfgwife, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    How long do you let them fight it out for their place? D and tris have always been together and fine... breeding season and tris went up the hill d and slick were put together. Breeding over and we put d and slick together on one side of galagher fence and tris on the other. They beat the crap out the gate but had settled to not doin that. They been beside each other for bout two weeks now. Today we were already gonna be outside a bit and trimmed boy hooves so we put slick alone on a side and d and tris together..... 9:00. Now both dumb arses are good and bloody and they still goin at it. Ugh ugh ugh! Afraid to put slick in with them right now cause he is not quite a year and they are grown bucks. I know when we do there will be a battle but slick will not be winner and he will settle pretty quick. But the two jerkfaces no way can he go in right now with them like they are. Boy oh boy!

Then. We have a hog that has just been actin off for two days... so instead of losin the meat should she go we are processin her. Today is a beautiful 63ish degrees out and the sun is shining. Not what we had planned today. Yuck! My brothers are in town and i am doin spaghetti dinner for all 9 of us this evenin. SO not what we wanted be doin today. But you do what you feel is right eh. I have been up since 4:30 already so what a fun filed day this is becomin lol! Calgon take me away!

Moers kiko boars and GoofyGoat like this.
  2. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Goodness what a day! Pig did not get done. Hopefully she will be good til tuesday... keep your fingers crossed for us! She is eatin and drinkin just not movin round much and seems eh. But the reason for this.... there was a water leak.... on a spigot that was not supposed to be hooked up to our water that we are usin right now. Yeehaw. So that turned into a bunch o crazy for the guys. And a few other small dumb things.

Anyhoo... the boys...... STILL at it. They have taken a few short intermissions and then right back at it. I got tris all blued up but donatello will have to wail til dinner. He is a bear to catch. So his dinner will go in the house and we will get him then. Both have bloody nubs on their nonscurs but everything else looks fine on them. Slick is lookin on just a fussin still.

3. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Ugh, what a day for you! Dumb boys giving you grief...if it isn't tris and Donatello it's slick and the two legged variety...
    Yep, after today a long soak in a hot tub would feel amazing...
    I say tell the boys to go boil their own noodles ....and you sneak into your own bath of hot bubbly water ;)

4. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Hahahah paul and i not too long ago went and washed the buck cologne off of us. He is napping. I was gonna sit and sew on the cookin grandbaby’s woobie (i am hand sewin it a grandmothers flower garden... i have all of the colored flowers done and am workin on my white ones) but brother came down to fuss. So i will just read for the fifteen minutes i have before i start dinner chores. :). I think i will let paul keep nappin though and just do dinner chores myself. Maybe he will be more nice this evenin with a tad more of a nap.

5. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Yes, let a sleeping man sleep...too bad they're not more like bears and hibernate...lol
    I want pictures of the woobie when you finish...I'll bet it'll be amazing!
    Tell your brother to cook the noodles or you'll whack him with a wet one ;)

6. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

Hahhaaha so true sometimes! Everyone is gone from my house and i am in my jammies! Yay! We had a nice time so even though a nutty day it was worth it.

7. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Hey...ive had days like that befor. As far as the boys...I have 3 knuckle heads! At least 8 months or older, in the same paddock! I put all 3 together about a month ago.
    Kinky 2 yr old 265 lb Kiko x Boer
    Titan 2 yr old FB 140 lb myotonic
    Knockout 8 months old 100 lb Kiko x Boer x Spanish..
    All 3 together without any does..Kinky chases the other 2..Titan says ENOUGH.. both have bloody heads..both wore out...
    All I hear is Knockout screaming as he runs by....
    That was the first 3 days. Then..they share food..water..house...all is good. No one is upset...then today...Knockout runs by screaming..Kinky is snotting & blowing. So..I get the ol bucket of water out. Knockout runs by, he was just chased off the hay ...so as Kinky gets close..he hits the brakes...too late...its water bucket in face time...
    So Knockout is standing behind me...Kinky is in front of me drenched..so I grab the beard and we walk. Knockout gets to eat hay..Kinky gets to clean his face for being a jerk. I swear Titan is smiling...
    Yep its one of those days...

8. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Sounds like lots of fun and games for you. Hope your pig gets better or at least lasts till Tues and the boys cool their jets.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Today they were all beat up and dog tired. Donatello looks like a bald old man up top NO hair lol and he has nubbins where scurs were and dried blood. Tris we are pretty sure lost which really suprised us. He has always been top dog. But he has been poutin in the house most of the day. He has nubs for scurs and paul said his eye was swollen... he laughed as he told me.... my boy tris lost and has a shiner.... is how i was told. We opened the gate and let slick in since they were so tired. Tris did blub and spit, slick ran around and D tried stayin in between the two. Tris pouted in the open while slick and d snuggled and slept. Poor guys. All is quiet now a d paul is gonna go out in a bit to see where everyone is sleepin.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  11. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Hopefully they worked it all out and will now get along.

12. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh no Tris has a shiner! Poor boy...
    At least they're too wiped out to cause much trouble...that's a good thing ;)

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Some bucks are dominating and bullies. If it continues and doesn't stop, you will have to separate them.
    You do not want them to get hurt.

There is normal pecking order and I find it is worse at feeding them.
    Have separate area's when you feed, it helps.

14. Sfgwife

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

They are done now. :). Tris is still pouting but everything is calm again. We were and still are spreading out the feed, hay and water dishes for them though. Just to make sure everyone gets their foods safely.

Tris and donatello have been together all their lives. Just separate for breeding... so they had figure out top dog again.

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California