The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
No, like hay from tsc that is for rabbits? See pic
There is no pic. ;).

They might eat it but maybe not. Mine do not like the short of the rabbit stuff. I have fed that in a pinch and most was just wasted. Same goes for the compressed bales... too much dust. Even the rabbits do not like it here.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I dont see why not but I would worry that the smaller pieces could cause them to choke

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
if its simple grass hay there is no reason they couldn't eat it but it would not be cost effective.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no pic. ;).

They might eat it but maybe not. Mine do not like the short of the rabbit stuff. I have fed that in a pinch and most was just wasted. Same goes for the compressed bales... too much dust. Even the rabbits do not like it here.
Sorry about that, thought the pic uploaded. New this lol ‍♀

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if its simple grass hay there is no reason they couldn't eat it but it would not be cost effective.
At this point I'm just trying to find something they will eat in preparation for winter. I've tried two different alfalfa mixes and they won't touch it

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,528 Posts
Great advice already, but I will say that my does love a little treat of that kind of hay we buy for my sister's guinea pig. They love it and lick up every last bit of it. Basically I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt them to eat it, but it sure would be expensive to feed a goat on. Goats also need long stem forage and sometimes those bags have pretty small pieces.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts