Dumor pelleted or Purina Noble Goat pelleted?

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by jaytori220, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Melbourne, Fl.
    I have 6 ND goats. 3 does and 3 wethers. Dry does. I dont breed. They are currently being fed orchard grass/alfalfa mix hay, free choice goat mineral and free choice alfalfa pellets and NO grain. I have one doe that is thin and she always had been since Ive had her and I feel that shes just a hard keeper. Shes not emaiciated. She could use a few pounds on her. 3 of the goats are overly plump and 2 are just right. All have been wormed with Ivomec about 3 months ago. I am wanting to start putting her on a pelleted feed and add beet pulp and maybe some ground flax seed to add some weight on her. I prefer a pelleted goat feed and the only thing available near us is at our local TSC which is their Dumor pelleted or Purina Noble Goat. I would like some feedback on either of these feeds and maybe some ideas on how to condition this doe.
    Here is a pic of the doe http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/ ... agoat4.jpg
    Thanks in advance!
    Tori

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I hear dumor is good -- Purina makes ok grain too. I havent used either specifically.

Ok so much for the help :hammer:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dumor all the way, Purina can't compare. :D

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

i dont like pre mixed grains. I would just add some black oil sunflower seeds.
    beth