Dumped goats?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I just found out that someone dumped a beautiful goat out in the desert near us. How sad! I guess it wasn't the first one either. I told my cousin that if it wasn't wanted by one of his neighbors to let me know. I guess it is black with horns, and very freindly. He said it was a female too. He said it was a HUGE goat. I wonder what breed it is?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thats awful! Hope she finds a home!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh how sad .. :( ..how can anyone do that to any animal......I pray she gets a good home to... :pray:

4. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I an hear more and more stores of horses, goats, etc being dumped now. It is sad. If they could not stand to keep her, or sell her, the very least they could have done was have her processed for meat. That would have at least been humane.

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    What I don't understand is, why don't people offer them up for free? Or go to the humane society to let them know? I went to the humane society to tell them I was looking for goats. People all over here are getting rid of their goats because of the cost of feed. I baby-sit for a lady that owns a feed store here, and we barter for feed. So I guess I'm lucky.

Hay is $20 a bale here. And the goats wasted so much of it, I went to alfalfa pellets. They eat it all with no complaints, and no waste. And it's $5 cheaper than a bale of hay, and lasts just as long.

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I agree if you can't keep em or find a home for em. DONT DUMP :angry: they wont make it. At the very least put em down.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    AMEN

8. grandmajo

grandmajo Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Second the Amen!

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Completely!! :pray:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. Nubiansrus

Nubiansrus Guest

Nov 15, 2008
    We get our hay for $10 a bale right now. Also taken in several goats that people didnt wanna take care of anymore. Think well probably see more of it. When I started getting my goats 3 yrs ago I was so happy over breeding our goats tri colored buck. Now Im a bit worried goats are gonna become unwanted like dogs, or at least we wont be able to find them good pet homes anymore.

12. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    My boss is on a list of people that take in animals when they need a home. But I agree. Do nto just drop them off to fend for themselves.