The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! We brought home our first goats yesterday. We have three ND does. Two of their coats look rough. It could be genetics, as these two are mother/daughter, but they do seem to be scratching a lot. I do not see any lice, but they do have some dandruff. I am wondering if they have mites and wanted to go ahead and give them an invermectin injection and use some Python dust. Also planning to copper bolus soon. My local TSC carries the Durvet Ivermectin Injection 1% Sterile Solution, 50 ml, but this is advertised for cattle and swine. Is this okay for the goats? I have read where most people dose 3ccs per 25lb of goat--would this dosage be accurate for the Durvet Ivermectin?

·
Super Moderator
59,330 Posts
Injectable is 1cc per 30 lbs orally and 1cc per 40 lbs injected. You could also just dust them or use Cylence along their spine at 1cc per 20 lbs.

I'm pretty sure the 3cc per 25 lbs is for the sheep drench.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Could this be Noromectin? If so, its a generic form of Ivomec. There is also a Durvet ivermectin topical solution pour on.

Update: just searched for Durvet ivermectin and found the injectable form. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused when asking whether it could have been Noromectin. Rookie mistake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Injectable is 1cc per 30 lbs orally and 1cc per 40 lbs injected. You could also just dust them or use Cylence along their spine at 1cc per 20 lbs.

I'm pretty sure the 3cc per 25 lbs is for the sheep drench.
Do you think a better route would be dust them first, and then determine if worming is needed? I am not seeing other signs of worms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts