The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
The only ones I use and I have to use are the Scrapie tags. Here in Colorado,in order to show, sell or butcher(at a shop) any goat or sheep, they have to be tagged.

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
alyssa_romine said:
you can contact your state USDA office or go to their website. I use scrapies tags and I am going to start doing incividual id tags. You can get them at most feed stores or farm supply stores. Get the sheep and goat tags, I have a pic of one in my avatar. I can give you a close up if you want.
Alyssa, can you tell me why you would tag with two tags? I have thought about doing it but I do not want to put any more expense then I have to. I figured if they are free, then I will just use them.

Now in CO when I get my Scrapie tags, I did not have to have a premises ID yet, but I am sure you do now. Also the tags and tagger are free for your first order. If you run out or lose them then you have to pay for those, so I ordered the max at that time. 200

· Premium Member
10,547 Posts
I do not like them either, but in order to show we have to have them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.