The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I have 2 does who are hopefully pregnant. I had them with a buck June 1 - July 24.

Because the one doe fooled me last year I am doing blood tests. This weekend I pulled blood and did nails and now today I have noticed a a lot of clumpy poop.

so my question, the girls can be anywhere from 32 - 86 days pregnant. it is possible the clumping can be from the stress? should i worm? and if so what is safe for pregnant girls. one of the does is huge so i think she is farther along than 32 days although this is the one that fooled me last year.

·
Super Moderator
59,307 Posts
It could have been from the stress. I would wait a day or so to see if it goes back to normal. If not, then worm.

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could have been from the stress. I would wait a day or so to see if it goes back to normal. If not, then worm.
Thanks I will wait a day or two. What is a safe wormer at this stage of pregnancy? I usually give them shot of Ivomectin (not the the plus). I only worm if I see a problem.

·
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As mentioned wait a few days to see if it corrects

Ivomec is fine. 1cc per 33lbs orally

Have you increased feeds at all or have they been on lush browse, that can also make them clumpy.
i did open up a new pasture to them - i typically rotate them every 3-4 weeks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts