The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm in South Carolina, not that far from Asheville. We raise myotonics but I originally started with three Alpine cross pack/cart goats. We're down to one mellow boy who is content with day trips and being a beloved fixture at our church Pumpkin Patch every October. So many people have never seen a goat up close. They view a lap around the church parking lap as a GREAT adventure!

Here's Fuzzy Butt making his endless happy laps, working for peanuts:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WoooHooo finaly somone else on this side of the ditch. Well nice to meet you Sweetmusic. Let me ask do you still do any packing with your one goat? I'm just getting started so I have loads of questions and was hoping to find someone local to who I can go and check out their saddles and goats so I can learn more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We're near Columbia, SC ~ Just started in Alpines, always had Nubians for my milk. But now, we are interested in raising packgoats, so I have 3 Alpines, and hoping to start training soon!

·
Registered
742 Posts
i'm in ohio!
i also get jealous of some of those views the westerlies got!
there are some great views here but most of them are ruined with houses, roads, strip mining o_O
sometimes i look at the strip mined land and seriously think about going "red dawn" on there butts!!! :cool:

anyway.....

·
67 Posts
If there's not a sign that says "no animals" at the trailhead, you should be fine. if it says "no dogs," you're obviously ok. There's also the loophole that a pack goat could either be a pet or livestock depending on whether the sign says "no pets" or "no livestock."

·
Banned
849 Posts
Yes, Cuzco changes from "pet" to "livestock" depending on the signage. And if the sign says "no animals" we still have a loophole. Cuzco's single horn grants him the unique status of "mythical creature," and you can't ban those since technically they don't exist. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts