East Coast Meetup official INVITATION

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Julie, May 12, 2008.

1. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details are as stated on the invitation above.
    Directions to Johnson's Picnic Area ...
    Here is a map (using Mapquest) of the location of the Johnson Picnic Area ...
    http://www.mapquest.com/mq/...
    You can get directions to this location by clicking the "Directions To" link.
    Once arriving to Vought Rock Rd via these directions ... there will be signs and balloons leading you to the picnic area. The picnic area is located on Vought Rock Rd, but I am not sure of the "house number" for the address. I will see if I can get that - for more detailed directions, but there will be poster signs to help as well. It isn't hard to find - once you hit Vought Rock Rd, it's only approx 1 mile down that road.

The picnic area is way out in "the boonies" ... in the country.
    There's a medium/large pavillion on location, a trailer, and a pond.

For any questions - pm or email me :)

2. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    PLEASE RSVP

Please RSVP by June 1st
    Be sure to note what covered dish you're brining (if you would like to volunteer to bring one) with your RSVP, as well as how many ppl will be comming with you.

Please Note - Don't forget provisions for your goat/s. Collar, Leash, Yard Stake, portable pen, whatever you have available that you can bring to contain your goat/s as well as water/feed bowl if needed. Goats must be contained while food is being prepared and eaten. They must be controlled at all times.

3. susanne

susanne New Member

Nov 12, 2007
  4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Julie, are we RSVPing here? Or did I miss something?

5. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    We will be there. We will bring a Veggie tray and cookies.

6. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    I just wanted to tell you that I like the picture! Very cute. Suellen

7. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    It should ... if you go to http://www.mapquest.com and click "driving directions" then type in your address for the start location, and type in Vought Rock Rd, Garrett PA 15542 for the END location - it should give you directions to that road. Then I will have to give any further directions, plus there will be signs/posters up to help you find it.
    The picnic area doesn't have a mailbox (atleast not to my knowledge) so I'm unsure if it has a "street number" ... ? I asked my aunt, and she gave me a random number (but she wasn't sure) and it wasn't correct (I tried it on mapquest and it didn't look right). I can ask my Grandma - I will talk to her in the next few days.

Yes, I would like for everyone comming to RSVP in a reply to this post please. Include the covered dish that you are brining if you are volunteering to do so.

8. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Just wanted to say I loved the invitation! Did you use Photoshop? I have photoshop but I don't know how to do that yet. :)

9. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sad and VERY ANGRY to say that I can't make it....it is just myself and another employee that open the restaurant(me- 5 days week and the other -2 days) just found out that my shift won't be covered and it is not possible for me to take that day off. Just angers me that after 8 years that I still get a guilt trip when requesting certain days off. :cry:

11. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Julie - do we have a final count yet? I want to make sure we bring enough.

12. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Well ... no one else replied here to RSVP ... so according to the replies ... YOU and ME are IT .... so anyone who is comming for sure ... PLEASE reply now ... otherwise we'll have to figure out if we should even have it.

13. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    MEETUP CANCELLED