The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do your goats eat bugs? I have a Fainting wether that literally hunts down bugs and is quite preoccupied by this activity. He'll search high and low, all over the barns, fences and ground for mostly pill bugs or spiders and then eats them. He now has slightly clumpy poo and fecal is negative for worms, I am slightly concerned he ate a poisonous bug. My vet claims she has seen goats do this but I wanna know from you guys if your goats ever do??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had considered that but his diet has not changed in nearly 5 years other than getting less Timothy hay in last 3 months in order to lose weight. The bug eating started about 8 mo ago maybe? He is obsessed with bugs the way they get obsessed trying to find acorns, more like its a treat?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL! I love the responses, thanks everyone...I do have weird goats. Taco's poop has cleared up, likely due to the weather changes I think here. He is still a bug hunter but has now become obsessed with finding acorns the squirrels are dropping. I'll up his protein a bit and see if that solves the problem. Sadly I think this is a "hobby" that won't end even if he is getting more protein!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts