Eco Kidded!!! Twins! PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by laststraw, Mar 22, 2009.

1. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Hi all of you beautiful goat people! It's been a while, but we haven't had anything going on... exposed two of our girls to a super star buck last Oct (Lost Valley TB Tristan *S http://prairiewoodranch.com/sires.html he's the 5th one down) and thought neither breeding took. Proved us wrong last night! :girl: :boy: Eco developed an udder in record time and delivered two healthy kids at 2:30 am last night. :clap: We had Tristan spend the month of Feb with us, too, so we'll see if Zuni or Honey give us more kids in a few months.

Here's Eco with her doeling and buckling:
    Eco with new kids
    [​IMG]
    Eco nursing cinnamon buckling
    [​IMG]
    Eco with kids
    [​IMG]
    Cinnamon buckling 8 hours old
    [​IMG]
    Doeling 8 hours old
    [​IMG]
    Eco (first freshener) with doeling
    [​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awwwww how cute..........congrats.... :wink: :greengrin: :love:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations Erin. I thought you dropped off the face of the earth. :)

Very adorable babies. It looks like you did not have to play the waiting game and :hair: like the rest of us. Don't you just love it when things go so smooth? What dolls.

4. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats! :clap:

5. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Sorry about that! I'm still having trouble with Goat Spot pages not loading (just took me 7 minutes to load this page to respond... and I have high speed cable on a hot-rod gaming computer????); it makes posting and keeping up with everyone challenging. I got an email from Stacey saying the site had been upgraded or something, and was hoping it would be better but I'm not sure, yet. I'd sure like to on more - I miss everyone and all the photos, too!

I'll try to post some photos of Honey's kids soon - they're six months, now, and we're entering Belle in the first show for our club this year on Saturday. We had an incident with the puppies digging under the gate a couple months ago (I will NEVER have two puppies at once again! :hair: ) and now Zuni has one mutilated ear. We have worked up to having the pups off the leash with goats now, but still under close supervision. They are 10 months old, now, and beginning to lose the puppy urge to try to catch anything that moves... they just want to play, but they get way too rough. I think we have firmly instilled that goats are NOT play companions...

I'll try to get in and look around to see what you all have been up to!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats! they are beautiful.

So sorry things arent easily loading for you. do other web pages load fine? do you ever get error messages when trying to load TGS?

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome back! AND with new babies! Congrats on the cuties and thank you for sharing them....can't wait to see Honey's kids...I bet they are growing fast!

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on the additions!

The doeling is precious in the pic with her feet tucked under! :love: Very attentive momma!

9. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Thanks, everyone! I am so proud of Eco; she is being such a good mother! She is our spoiled brat, so I was wondering how she would do at taking care of others but she took right to it. All we did was clear faces and she did all the rest.

Stacey, it's not consistent and there's no error message unless I let it sit... sometimes I wonder if it's not traffic-related? This morning I only had to refresh each page 2 - 3 times to get them to load. Yesterday, it was was taking several minuted and many, many clicks on the refresh button. It starts to load and then stalls out... if I let it go it eventually gives me a time-out with no response from the server message. :shrug: I used to avoid getting on during weekends back when I was on often just because it seems worse then - maybe. I'll try to pay more attention to when it happens and send you a message. Thanks for all you do!! I do love TGS!

10. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    :cool: Congrats, they're so cute!

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so this happends on with TGS and not other websites? how about other forums?

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hubby brought me some Prairie Wood kids when he was there visiting his children. I just love them. They are probably all show quality, pity I've never had time to take them. They weren't bottle-fed, and were pretty wild and freaky when we first got them. Well, they did travel 2000 miles in the back of an SUV...so it was to be expected. But, they tamed down so fast! Congrats on your kids, really cute!

13. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    Lora runs around 150 - 200 head of goats at Prairie Wood, and she knows every one of them but only some get really tamed. She doesn't bottle feed unless necessary. Prairie Wood lines have a lot of show titles and milking stars, too, which is a main reason we bought from her - that and how well she cares for her goats. She's really dedicated her life to her goats and horses. I think one reason she does so well in the ring is that her goats are a little wild!

Stacey, it only happens on TGS and not on other forums. It's happening today, but not as badly as sometimes. I couldn't get on during the week, but will let you know if weekdays are easier to load pages. Thanks!

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my - I don't know how I missed this - congrats on the twins - they are absolutely adorable!!!

15. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Congrats on the beautiful kids!!

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am glad things are loading better - sorry it is only TGS that gives you such trouble.

17. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Beautiful babies, what a lovely surprise. Congratulations!