The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Screenshot_20190728-194653_Chrome.jpg
Hello - one quick question that I cant seem to figure out.

I would like to make two of my 8 high tensile wires into ground wires which will connect to the three rods pounded into the ground. Do the two ground wires need insulators on the t posts and on the terminal ends? I am wondering if I can just tie the high tensile wires onto the wood posts directly and hook them to the t posts without insulating from the metal t posts.

Like in this picture, can i just use staples with no insulators on the 2 wires ill be hooking to the ground rods?

Thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
View attachment 160341 Hello - one quick question that I cant seem to figure out.

I would like to make two of my 8 high tensile wires into ground wires which will connect to the three rods pounded into the ground. Do the two ground wires need insulators on the t posts and on the terminal ends? I am wondering if I can just tie the high tensile wires onto the wood posts directly and hook them to the t posts without insulating from the metal t posts.

Like in this picture, can i just use staples with no insulators on the 2 wires ill be hooking to the ground rods?

Thank you very much!
Hubby says his buddy just staples his ground wires onto the posts.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
View attachment 160341 Hello - one quick question that I cant seem to figure out.

Thank you very much!
Should be able to, just another place to ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts