Electronic Ignoramus

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by sealawyer, Jun 7, 2009.

1. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Help! I keep trying to put pictures on the site, but it keeps telling me that I am a dummy and my picture is too many KBs. How do I shrink their size to fit. What they call compress the file. I can't find anything on my computational machine that does this.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    are you trying to add an avatar or just upload a picture?

avatars need to be 100X100 pix but even I can never get them small enough compressed to fit so I just use photobucket and use the URL direct link.

uploaded photos need to be 430X430 pix or less. No compression needed

do you happen to have microsoft picture manager? if so i can help you - if not keep asking and someone can help I am sure. If you have a Mac I can help you too.

3. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I went into my picture stuff and figured it out by trial and much effort! Thanks Stacey

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    good job....Fred..... :thumbup: :hi5:

6. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Tootsie Roll sure is a cutie, isn't she! Too bad she has to have her picture taken with such an ugly varmint! :slapfloor:

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You are so funny Fred - I am glad that you got it to work

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh Fred .. :scratch: shame on you .....your not ugly at all....... :wink: :hug: Tootsie Roll ....is a real cutie to.... :wink: :greengrin:

9. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Yeah, but Tootsie will tell you that I am a varmint! One that is along the lines of a possum! She will probably end up as one of my welfare babies. Gwen lets me keep about a half dozen or so! She will join Bridgette. a half pygmy/half boer that someone sold to a newbie FFAer for a show goat! And her daughter, Sugar Britches! Then there is Freckles, a dappled red w/white spotted doe that only chooses to breed every third year. Tootsie is like her Momma, small framed and really light boned, almost like a chicken boned goat. She looks like a mini Boer! I hope she gets a growth spurt because some of the month old kids are almost as big as she is! FV