Ella kidded - questions

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by lori, Apr 8, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she probably needs calcium -- get a calcium drench or CMPK gel and give her 20-30ccs of either

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OOPS, I did not read the first page where she has dropped the placenta. That is great.

Are you bottle feeding the babies? And by the way what sweet babies you have there. :lovey:

Have you been able to give her Molasses water?

3. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    yes she seems fine today - although i noticed she is only eating when i am sitting in the barn with her. Of course hindsight is.... but now that i read about birthing - everything says in bold letters - DO NOT PULL ON THE AFTERBIRTH. How i missed that i'll never forgive myself for. My vet even said when i only saw one hoof i should not have pushed it in and straigtened the other one to get them both at the same time. But i just don't know. I did not hav to go in far. I just used a couple of fingers felt the other foot and once i pulled it straight the buck popped right out -

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yes take her temp... that is important...

Did your vet say.. to start her on antibiotics?.....if she has some placenta still in there...it will have to dissolve on it's own... but in the meantime ...will start to go rotten..... in which .......infection can occur..... So if she loses her appetite and has a temp start her on antibiotics..... :hug:

5. lori

lori New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Wilton, CT
    okay thanks -i'll go take it now - what range should i look for

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California