Ellie- I spoke too quick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 30, 2020.

1. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad she is doing a bit better. :hug:
    You are doing a great job.

Hope her temp remains normal.
    That is what is getting to me is, that higher temp at times and not eating well.

Really good advice by all.

I would get the rumen probiotics for cattle or goats. It will help her rumen tremendously. Give it 2 x a day.

Listen to her left side, if her rumen sounds are pretty good or weak.

You can glove up and rob poo from the rectum.
    :omg:
    I know, I know, eww, but it works if you want it quickly. Instead of following her around.

2. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I have no idea where red raspberry leaves could be found. I may have some blackberry left.

3. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Tea section of most stores.

TCOLVIN likes this.
  4. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/18/20-temp 102.3, gave antibiotic shot, (last one), gave herbal wormers, slippery elm on her feed with garlic yogurt mixed together in the alfalfa. She ate a little but not much. Her buddies googled it up. I noticed her rubbing her gums or tongue on the wire fence. It may be because of the herbal wormers I gave her before she ate. I didn’t have time to get oak leaves this evening. She is chewing her cud and I saw her eat some hay and a little grass. I heard rumen sounds when I was checking her breathing. Breathing sounds good to me. I still believe now it’s her heat cycle causing her spiking in temperature. I will have the wife to look when she goes grocery shopping again Thursday. The small store near me doesn’t have a tea section and Walmart is 25 miles from me.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad she is doing OK.

Good luck with her.

Moers kiko boars and MadHouse like this.
  6. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Temp this morning was 102.3, gave herbals. No oils, I only mixed feed with a little slippery elm and probotics. She ate some and a few oak leaves. She won’t even look at pine or cedar needles. I saw her head butt a couple of times at the trough. Will try ACV this evening and get another fecal from her and Abel.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/19/20
    Evening temp 103.7, gave Aloe 5ml, ACV/water 5ml, herbal wormer and GI smoother. She ate some alfalfa,slippery elm probotics mixed in feed.

MadHouse and happybleats like this.
  9. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I waited on her yesterday morning (like to been late for work) and yesterday evening ( late for dinner) and she didn’t do anything. It I don’t get it this morning I may have to glove up this evening. Today she gets her last loader dose of herbals. Then I go 4 days off. I’ll do the ACV this evening and the Aloe. She hates both of these. I’ll do temp this morning also.

10. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/20/20-temp 101.7, gave last loader dose or GI smoother and DWA wormer. Waited on fecal but she never went. She ate hay and alfalfa with top dressed slippery elm and probotics powder. I guess I’ll have to glove up this evening.

11. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/20/20-I did not do anything this evening to her. She has had so much done to her and the fact she came in and ate with her buddies and this morning was her 10th day of loader dose of herbals, and her acting normal and ate well, I decided not to do anything and give her a break. When she finish eating I just rub her down and spoke soft words to her. I did get her some green leaves for her and she ate those. Still didn’t get that fecal, well maybe tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  12. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/21/20 Only gave feed top dressed in probiotics and garlic cloves covered in peanut butter, no temp check or fecal pulled
    She is doing good
    I’ll start the EO,s this evening. Herbals also. Do I just do once a day of regular doseage for 3 days then off 4? Also do I do the digestzen and lastly can the other oil be mixed with the digestzen and given at same time? Should I keep with the GI soother or just the dewormer.

toth boer goats likes this.
  13. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    You can mix all eos and dose at once with olive oil. If you mix herbs with water to drench you can add the eos to that as well so one dose for all .

TCOLVIN, toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  14. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    All together is fine, use the DigestZen in the same way as the other EOs.

Use both GI Soother and DWA together 3 days on 4 days off for another couple times, then back down to twice a week for both. :)

TCOLVIN and toth boer goats like this.
  15. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    But just one time a day and not morning and evening?

16. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    And only the regular dose, not the loader dose?

17. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Move to DWA and GI Soother once a day, 3 days on, 4 days off, at the normal dosage on the package.

After a few rounds, move to twice a week, normal dosage, once a day.

TCOLVIN likes this.
  18. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Temp this evening was 102.3, gave the herbals and oils as suggested. I didn’t give the aloe or ACV. She doesn’t like either of them. How often does she need this? I also got a fecal of solid berries. I put it in my goat ice box until I can get my grand son in law to show me how to read it. He works for a old vet who wont see anything but cats and dogs. He has worked with him since high school (12 years) and says he can show me how to do the fecals and to distinguish between Coccidia and trash and also barberpole. The vet he works for won’t even accept a fecal brought in to him on a goat to read. Ellie is on her up swing now so I’ll close this thread as long as she is doing as good as she is now. Thanks for all your help and I will post from time to time her continued improvement. The herbals and oils I will continue 3 on and 4 off. Let me know about the aloe and ACV. My wife will look for red raspberry leaves Thursday when she goes to Walmart. What does the raspberry do?

MadHouse likes this.