Ellie- I spoke too quick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 30, 2020.

1. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    No need to close the thread. If I come up with anything new I'd like to be able to let you know.

Goat eggs look different than dog and cat eggs, give him an online chart. Just to make sure.

Do not let the berries freeze, only refrigerated!!

Do the ACV and aloe once weekly for a couple weeks then stop.

2. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ok, I won’t close thread. And again, thanks for your interest and help with Ellie. He (grand son in law) ask me did I have a chart and told me that Coccidia is a hard one to find but he could show me. When he first started with the vet they saw large animals such as , cows, goats, sheep and pigs. He made farm calls and would go out but age stopped all that. My refrigerator for goat supplies is a wine cooler. I have it set on 46 degrees. Ok on the aloe and ACV. I’ll probably do that for the next two Saturdays. EO’s and herbals, Wednesday thru Friday and ACV and aloe on Saturday’s for two weeks. Thanks again for all you have done.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020

3. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    She was fine this evening and I pray she continues. Eats good, drinks water, I am continuing the slippery elm and garlic and probiotics top dressed on the alfalfa pellets.

4. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I went to Walmart today to look for the red raspberry leaves. After searching thru all I could fine I ask a couple of Walmart employees and they didn’t know if they carried them or not. I found raspberry tea bags but didn’t get them.

5. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Just did a fecal on Ellie:
    Saw 3 whip worms
    2 Coccidia
    13 barberpole
    This was done on a green grid McMaster slide with 5 grams fecal and 30ml floatation
    I only did 1 green grid as the other side didn’t fill well and it was getting dark. She is way better that last fecal. If I can next week I want to take a fecal from her and carry to vet and I’ll run my fecal as a test for me.
    Another goats that started scouring is Lottie.
    She tested:
    1100 per gram on barberpole
    3 Coccidia.

6. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Do the same worming program on Lottie with all oils and for meadow herbs.

7. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Will the herbs kill the whip worms?

8. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    They should, or at least keep the epg at an acceptable level.

9. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Has anyone tried using the camera for a microscope? Seems it would be easier to see on your laptop what your looking at in the scope.

10. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    If so what is a good brand or model to get?