Ellie- I spoke too quick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 30, 2020.

1. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Of what species? You may want to send to www.meadowmistlabservice.com to confirm if unsure.

Again, I beg of you to try herbal methods (herbal formula and essential oils). Chemically worming will set her behind, and this time it may be for good.

2. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.

3. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/04/20 evening temp 103.4f, gave probotics gel 10 ml, 2 cloves garlic, top dressed Alfalfa pellets with 1 cup yogurt and 3 tablespoons of slippery elm . I am feeding this mix to her other 2 buddies because they have all be whole corn fed just like Ellie was. I didn’t give any wormer because I don’t know for sure what to give her. I know Fir Meadows has something but I haven’t ordered it yet. In the mean time I’m giving garlic (2 cloves a day). I fed them 1-1/2 cans of alfalfa between the 3 of them mixed with the yogurt and slippery elm and they cleaned the trough. Any ideas for a wormer until I can get something? I had some essential oils like myrrh, frankincense and peppermint . How would I give this?

4. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Fir Meadow LLC has two formulas you need:

https://www.firmeadowllc.com/store/..._supports_body_in_foreign_matter_removal.html

https://www.firmeadowllc.com/store/p811/GI_Soother™_Digestive_System_Support_16_oz.html

Essential oils MUST be food grade, young living or DoTerra brand.

Wild orange, clove, oregano, DigestZen, lemongrass or lemon. Thyme is helpful. Blends OnGuard or Thieves also works.

More info here: https://www.thegoatspot.net/threads/using-essential-oils-to-worm.188848/

You can also make this to help target the BP in the meantime:
    1/2 teaspoon of cayenne, cinnamon, slippery elm bark powder, and ginger (can be substituted for a slice of raw ginger the size of a quarter about 1/2 cm thick). Blend with 1 raw clove of garlic, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and enough water to drench.

Give 2-4 times daily.

5. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I work every and have nobody to give anything from 8-4pm. I could do it in the morning and 5pm in the evenings.??

6. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I have most of this and I have made a mix for three of my bores to start in the morning. I increased everything 4 times so as to make a quart of this mixture. I didn’t have ginger so I used a little clove. This digging around in some info on herbal worming one guy said he added clove to give to unbred goats. I didn’t add but 1/2 the amount of clove to this mix. I have it ready to give in the morning. If they are PG do you think it will hurt them? Just checking. How much do I give of this mix?? 10cc, 15cc? Also to mention, I have sent Fir Meadows an email about what I want . I can’t order anything off their site as I can’t find a shopping cart to add to. It may take me a while to get what was suggested from them.

7. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Also how long/ often do I give this mixture??

8. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Headed to pasture, I’m going to start with 12ml of above mixture. It’s kinda hot to taste. I hope this isn’t to much. I’ll give another dose this evening after work.

9. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    That's what I'm trying to do, but with Fir Meadows i don't have a shopping cart to order from. I'm waiting on their response. sent them an email yesterday, they have no phone number i can find, so the herbs are held up for the moment then no telling when i'll get them.

10. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Fir meadows does. Click on a product in there herbal mixes page, it has an add to cart option.

And if pregnant avoid clove. It’s ok in moderation but since your not doing exact calculations I would leave it out for pregnant does.

TCOLVIN likes this.
  11. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I got the dewormer and GI soother ordered today . Also ordered their essential oils like oregano, lemongrass, clove, and something else. They didn’t have wild orange, digestzen and thyme. Now I getting a message they didn’t get the order because webly was down. I don’t know if it’s meant for me or not.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  12. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Give a double 3x a day or triple dose 2x a day of each for the next 5 days. Then back off to a normal dose twice a day for 5 more days.

13. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    So I would give 30cc twice a day for each goat? Morning and evening.

14. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    We are talking about my mix right? I haven’t gotten the Fir meadow stuff yet.

15. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    No that is the directions for the fir Meadow herbs WHEN you get them!!

16. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ok, so I just keep on with my mix until I receive the Fir Meadows. I just got an email a few minutes ago saying my order had been pulled and will ship tomorrow.

toth boer goats likes this.
  17. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/6/20 Temp 101.9, gave 15ml of new mix*, gave 5ml probiotics gel, fed slippery elm over feed (alfalfa pellets only)

*mix being the cayenne, cinnamon, slippery elm, raw garlic

What should if anything I be adding to the calcium high alfalfa and slippery elm?
    I have also switch her buddies to same food and treatment of mix and probotics.

NigerianDwarfOwner707 likes this.
  18. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    https://www.diamondv.com/products/

Flax meal ( a few tsp) is a nice addition for extra gut health, it's good fiber. Optional, don't need to add it. Pumpkin seeds are a good add for parasites and good for the stomach.

Did you order the DoTerra oils?

19. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I ordered some of the oils from Fir Meadows and wild orange and digestzen from Amazon. Should have everything in a week now they say. Where do you get pumpkin seed.?

20. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Do you mean unshelled pumpkin seed or raw shelled pumpkin seed?