Ellie- I spoke too quick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 30, 2020.

1. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Are you gonna hate me if I recommend one more fir Meadow herb? HerBiotic.

2. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    No, I don’t hate anybody. I have not received what I have ordered from them yet. What does HerBiotic do?

Iluvlilly! likes this.

3. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Had to leave early this morning so I fed earlier. I gave the cayenne mix but didn’t do temps. They all where piping pellets like a bomber drops bombs. It was dark but I could hear them. They all seemed in good spirits. It is ok to give the digestzen pjust before feeding? I hope so because o can’t do it during the day , only in early morning or evening. I might could on the week ends.

4. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    DigestZen is fine any time of day.

The HerBiotic is an herbal antibiotic, and in case there is something bacterial causing this, it would help.

5. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ok, let me get this other in and I’ll order some. This evening her temp was 103.1 f. I gave the 2 cloves (large) of garlic with a wipe of peanut butter. Top dressed the alfalfa pellets with a little probiotics. I have put her buddies with her and she eats better. I did a fecal on her this evening and She still have a heavy worm load of BP. What was the cayenne pepper mix for? Worms or stomach? I just gave her a drop of digestzen with 2 ml olive oil mixed. Also on another note I have been giving the cayenne pepper mix to all four. This evening after I gave the mix and just before I left one of her buddies (Aja) started long blates like she was in pain. Just walking around in the pen and stop and blate out. I went back to check her and she went over and started eating alfalfa pellets. Then she would walk off and start blating again. Finally she stopped and I left pasture. Do you think the cayenne mix may not be good for her?

6. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    You can stop it, it may just be strong or a little spicy. Some goats register the spice and some don’t.

As for the wormload, there’s not much we can do about it until we get the fir Meadow herbs and remaining essential oils, but the mix you are giving does help.

Iluvlilly! and TCOLVIN like this.
  7. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I won’t give Aja any more then. Thanks
    My order maybe in the mail at post office. My wife will go get the mail. I got the deworm a and the GI. Soother and some essential oils. My wild orange got back order and won’t be her until October 15th they say.

8. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    According to my calculations she tallied 2000 on the worm load.

9. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Any issues with her FAMACHA score?

10. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I haven’t looked in a week. I’ll check her in the morning . In fact I’ll check her and all her buddies. I’ll try to get fecal on her buddies also.

toth boer goats likes this.
  11. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Do you think it would be alright to feed the two small packs of pumpkin seed that my wife bought? They are roasted and salted. I could mix them in their alfalfa. If not to my sick gal maybe the rest of the herd?

12. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    They are not going to have the benefits, they’ll just be treats!

TCOLVIN likes this.
  13. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ok, at least I can get rid of them. It says on bag high protein so maybe some good? Also what about can pumpkin? Just asking.

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  14. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Too much can cause loose poop. Good for down goats.

15. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I got my fir Meadows GI smoother and DWA wormer in. I can see I need 1/2 teaspoon it says for a 70 to 100 pound goat of each one. How do you give this stuff, just mix with water and drench? If so can I mix a teaspoon and a half and give 1 part morning and 1 part at lunch and last part at evening feed? How do you store this? Can it be refrigerated or just put in a canister leaving in the bag it came in. The essential oil I received may or may not work. It says for aromatherapy or topical. Can I use it anyway? I know this is a lot of questions but I’m off tomorrow so I’d like to get started this evening.

16. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Herbs can be left in the bags they came in.

She’s treatment dosing, so give a double dose every 3 hours for a day. Use tomorrow (when you aren’t working). Then give a triple dose twice daily (if you aren’t able to give three doses in a day). Do that for 5 days. Then give a double dose 2x a day for 5 more days.

17. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Bags of the herbs don’t get refrigerated.

Top it over her feed, mix with some water, mix with a little bit of applesauce, or pumpkin purée for her to lick up, mix with molasses and slippery elm and make into a dosage ball. You can mix with peanut butter, and you can make that into a dosage ball as well.

Can’t use essential oil unless it’s DoTerra food grade.

18. Tom Colvin

Tom Colvin Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Can I mix the GI soother with the DWA wormer with peanut butter?

19. Tom Colvin

Tom Colvin Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I gave her both the wormer and the soother in a small amount of yogurt. She loves yogurt.

20. Tom Colvin

Tom Colvin Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I have been having trouble getting on the site. Started last night. Sometimes it would time out and post a error message as site not available. It wouldn’t let me post.