Ellie- I spoke too quick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I have been reading this post. I do not use natural wormers,preventatives,or essential oils. Are they cost effective? Do you use the products daily? How many days.of product do you purchase? I'm asking to learn. To get an idea of the cost .I have 23 goats.

MadHouse and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I’m too new at the herbal and essential oil treatment to say but I believe it will work if done proper. NigerianDwarfOwner707 can Enlighten you On this and is very knowledgeable on herbal treatments and essential oils. When and if you get essential oils they must be good grade. Order Dotterra brand only. That was my first mistake. I am going to try to send them back and order from Doterra.
    Ps-Leave Amazon alone on this one. My second mistake.
    Good luck.

3. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Not white but not Fleshy red either. More of a pink color. I said say between a 3-4 scale.

4. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/11/20- temp 103.1, fed double dose of soother and wormer herbs. Fed slippery elm in alfalfa. Are there something else I could feed with the alfalfa for her? All of her buddies are with her too.

5. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    A 15 ml bottle of DoTerra ess. Oil has approx 250 drops in it. I give one drop of each oil im using per goat. So it goes a long way. The herbs have such small doses it too last quite a while. I have very few issue with worm load. Famacha stay nice and pink. Being in a hot humid area, we struggled with heavy worm load for years..uphill battle until I started with herbs and oils. It does matter what brands you buy. I like Doterra oils and Land of Havilah herbs. We are into 4 or 5 years with this combo and love it. I have a thread on here about deworming with oils and share my experience. One part thats a must read us the value of adding wild orange eo weekly. Hope this helps

6. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Just gave 2nd dose of smoother and wormer. I gave her the one drop of digestzen this morning. I also started a 10 month old buck on this this evening with one drop digestzen in olive oil and the smoother and DWS wormer. He just got yesterday a bad barberpole score and was wormed chemically Saturday after lunch with ivermectin. About 2 this evening I started him on the oils and herbal medicines as well. He had a real bad case of stomach issues so I added some slippery elm in to his mix. He love the taste of it, Ellie on the other hand did not. Both got it though. Next dose around 5pm or maybe 8 pm after church tonight (herbals only) next digestzen In the morning. How long do I give the digestzen??

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Moers kiko boars likes this.
  7. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    You can give digestzen as often as needed. It's perfectly safe. Acutely every hour, or 3-4 times a day, or once daily..just depends on your need. For ex: If my goat broke into the feed room...I do hourly.

8. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    She has took a new turn on me this eve. I went down after dinner and gave her another double dose of the DWA wormer and GI Soother and she took it but not as readily as she had been. At evening feeding she wouldn’t come into pen. I had to go get her. After getting her in the pen with her buddies I noticed her grinding her teeth again. I tried to give her the wormer only mix this time and she almost refuse to cooperate. I had been giving her 2 garlic cloves with a tad of peanut butter. She refused to chew it up and spit it out 4 times. I then gave her the herbal wormer and she tried to spit it out. I got most of it down her and noticed her grinding her teeth bad. I went and got my thermometer and took temp. It was 104.3 f. I gave her a Banamine shot and a B Complex shot. She had been eating and popping pellets even though she had a high barberpole fecal. I don’t think the herbals or the digestzen has cause this but I’m at a lost as what to do next. Help

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Is she a girl that is important to you and you want to keep?

10. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    That has always been my problem. I bite the bullet sometimes and move on because I have broke the bank trying to turn things around. Many that I have now have come through things like this and it is very challenging sometimes until you figure out what’s causing the problem. I just don’t like giving up, and yes she is a sweet little goat with a winning personality. If I find I can’t correct it then I guess I’ll bite the bullet. Until then I’ll do my best to find out what works for her.

11. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Is it her 3 week mark again?

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  12. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    No, she went off feed on 9/30/20. This is only about 12 days now and for the last few days has appeared doing good. This just started about 2 pm this evening. I didn’t listen to her breathing but is it possible pneumonia could be creeping in? Our weather has been hot and humid with cool nights and spotted showers. If so I may need Nuflor gold started.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How is her temp?

It may be pneumonia, if you hear rattling.

MadHouse and Moers kiko boars like this.
  14. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Should I proceed with the digestzen and the DWA wormer in the morning? I’ll take temp and be prepared to start Nuflor gold if temp is over 104 f. I’ll try to listen for breathing for congestion or coarseness in breathing. I forget the doseage for a 75 lb goat. I think it’s 3ml (1ml per 25 lbs) I’ll also give replamin.

15. happybleats

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Nuflor is 3 cc per 100 pounds. Giving herbs and oils won't hurt.

toth boer goats likes this.
  16. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Doterra is a good brand of oil but it is not THE only good eo out there. There is a lot of hype in their name now a days. So do not be duped into the name and overlook brands that are less expensive but just as good. As a massage therapist i am well aquainted with different eo brands.

TCOLVIN likes this.
  17. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    How long do I give the digestzen at one drop per day?

18. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    This is response from for meadows on essential oils from Kathryn. Copied:

You can use them. I use mine with my goats frequently and have for decades but wisely and correctly. I have master's level training on these under a PhD from Germany. If u sign up for a consultation I can spend some educational time with you. Due to biosecurity we are unable to take products back.

Blessed day. Katherine

19. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/12/20-temp way high-105.7, gave banamine 2 ml, Nuflor 3 ml, herbal wormer (was a battle) 1 drop digestzen in olive oil. Forgot my scope so didn’t listen to lungs. I may be fighting for a loss cause. We will just have to see if I can turn her. She ate hay and some alfalfa.

happybleats likes this.
  20. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Her fever is very worrying.

TCOLVIN and MadHouse like this.