Ellie- I spoke too quick

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 30, 2020.

1. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Temp this evening was 103.7, I gave GI Smoother and Herbal wormer. This morning she got her EO digestzen. Im giving the herbals twice a day and digestzen only once. My wild orange came on today. Now I have wild orange, oregano, lemon grass, and clove. What do I do with them now?

2. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    If she’s pregnant do not give clove.

Use the wild orange, oregano, and lemongrass same as the DigestZen - 1 drop once a day. Use for 3 days. Wild orange alone can go up to 5 days.

Did you use the ACV/EO spray for her fever? Or more banamine?

3. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Banamine this morning. Now if I start the essential oils wild org, Oreg, and lemon g do I still keep doing the GI smoother and the wormer. I have been giving the herbals for 3 days now. Tomorrow will be the 4th day. Also digestzen now 3rd day (one time a day) tomorrow will be day four. The bag on the wormer and the GI says 1/2 teaspoon. I doubled both of these and am giving 1 teaspoon of each mixed into a little yogurt. I have been mixing it good and just put it in her mouth like feeding a baby. I do this twice a day. How long do I continue with the digestzen and how long with the herbals?

4. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    One other thing, can I mix the EO’s the night before and give the next morning? I use a syringe with no needle and pull plunger out and add 1- to 1-1/2 ml olive oil and one drop of digestzen and put plunger back in and shake it up a little then give it deep enough in throat that they don’t spit it out but not so far it strangles them.

5. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Yes you can mix it in advance.

Give that group of oils for 3 days. DigestZen can be last dose tomorrow. Keep doing the GI Soother and wormer, when I say keep doing this I mean you can go as long as 30 days straight. Just keep them in her system. Oils continuously given at 3 days on 4 days off.

6. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ok, I’ll do digestzen in the morning for last dose and the others oils start tomorrow evening. I’ll continue the GI and wormer morning and evening. Thanks

7. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/14/20- temp 102.7. Gave the herbals and last digestzen dose for a while. She appears to be feeling much better . Also gave 3rd Nuflor shot. Top dress alfalfa pellets with slippery elm and mixed in left over yogurt. They love it that way.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    We have to to kill of all the bacteria of infection. If you have a goat who is consistently getting ill over and over again, we must go to the last to go to med(the stronger one) to try to conquer this battle.
    It is the last resort, in other words.
    If nothing else is working, we have to cure it or the goat will eventually parish right?

If it is another strain of bacteria, certain meds will not kill it all off.
    So we must go to the bigger guns.

Herbs may work too slow, in some situations, if the bacteria has really taken off. The goat will parish.

It happened with one of my goats, nuflor wasn't working, so had to go to the bigger guns to stop it.
    It worked and the goat is fine. ;)

Sfgwife and Moers kiko boars like this.
  9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad your goat is responding, very good to hear. :)

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  10. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I agree that a stronger antibiotic maybe better to kill some deep rooted bacteria but can she handle it? She seems to be taking the Nuflor ok and appears to be some what better but we have driven down this road 2 or 3 times now. She will over it and then close to 4 weeks later, same thing. i have a call into my vet to discuss the antibiotics he has and what may be stronger. If it won't harm her I'm in to move with it. I just don't want to do her any harm. this is a no win situation looks like. Maybe i need to just continue with the nuflor until Sunday. Sunday would make a 7 day week of it. Keep up with the oils for 3 days on Starting this evening thru Friday eve.

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Talk to your vet get his/her opinion on it, tell them what you have done so far.
    All the times she was treated and what was used.
    If they feel she should have a stronger antibiotic, they can give it to you.

Sfgwife, Moers kiko boars and TCOLVIN like this.
  12. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    I have a doe that I'm fairly certain had a bacterial infection. She went down real quick. Projectile watery scours...off feed..i could not get the scours to clear up...this was not dietary or parasite scours. She was sick. Nothing I tried natural or chemical was working. I contact Kristie of LOH and she suggested rotating hourly doses of 3 blends. Parasite formula, back on track and an infection blend. We did one blend every hour for days!! By day three scours starting clearing up. She was interested in leaves..by the weeks end she was calling her kids to nurse even though she dried up. She began pulling up a cud. Loose stool came and went for a while but we now have berries. She was skin and bone but alive! Its taken me weeks to get weight back on her and she's still healing. We keep up with herbs to help with gut healing. She has beautiful famacha, eating very well and is finally strong on her feet. My point is. Herbs do work if you are able to be aggressive. It takes alot and that sure can be a turn off. But when traditional treatment doesn't work..its time for a change. I will use antibiotics and other traditional treatments here when needed..im not a medicine snob lol..I will do what I need to to save a goat but I hate to throw more and more chemicals in an already compromised system. I think since she is stable now...aggressive herbal treatment can restore her system to good health if you have the time to do it. Not sure if she could be moved closer to home to make it easier..or if some one can help fill the time gap. But even 4 times a day can make a difference after initially getting them in her. Maybe pick a time you have a few days off work..hit her hard..then do as often as time allows daily. Just a thought.

13. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    The first time it happen it was banamine for fever and Noromycin 300 for antibiotic. The wormer was Cydectin for the barberpole.The second time was banamine fpr fever drop and Nuflor. The third time ivermectin was used orally and herbal wormer and GI smoother started soon after. She at this time was low temp and off feed. Then the temp spiked to 105.7. I then started banamine and Nuflor. I think I’m sticking with Nuflor for a week then see where she is with this. Maybe I quit too soon before. ???

14. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    Toth... let me start by saying I come in peace. Need you to know I’m keeping it friendly and fun and I have such high respect for you.

Now, if you have not personally used natural antibiotics, I respectfully ask that your comment that they are slow working be rescinded or at least that you take a moment to consider the experiences of other skilled herbal users. Herbal dewormers work marginally slower than mild chemical wormers, I’ve taken care of a worm situation with heavy acute dosing in a couple days. Goat was fine.

In terms of antibiotics, they work even faster than the dewormers do. I’ve had pink eye, respiratory illnesses, bacterial infections and more in my goats, not once did herbal antibiotics fail me. Case of pink eye was gone in 24 hours.

It’s about what you use and how you use it and I will leave it at that.

But they do not “work slow.” They work with the body. THEY WORK.

Hugs!!

TCOLVIN and Kass like this.
  15. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    10/14/20-temp 105.3, fed GI and wormer. Top dress feed with slippery elm. Gone to town now but will give a banamine when I get back. At a loss??

16. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    How is she behaving? Eating? Drinking? Alert and active? Or ???

17. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I’m at a loss as well. Is she still eating?

I’d up her garlic to at least 3 cloves. Did you start oregano oil and others?

18. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Yes she ate with the buddies of hers. I feed alfalfa with yogurt and slippery elm stirred into the trough. She popped pills so I got a decal but haven’t had time to run it yet. Probably be tomorrow evening. It’s dark now but when I get back home I’m going to give a banamine shot. I started the oils today.

19. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    She refused to chew garlic cloves Tuesday when I last tried. She didn’t want the GI smoother and herbal wormer, she tried to spit it out.

20. NigerianDwarfOwner707

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    What mine do every day. Lol.

Find a way to get it in that she will eat it. Mince the cloves and mix with yogurt. Mix wormer into yogurt. Drench wormer. Do whatever you need, her protest cannot stop you from helping her. The stopping of the garlic was a mistake so please do continue that.