Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Sep 30, 2020.
Can I mix the GI smoother and wormer together and drench them with water?
Why of course...
What have you been doing?
You can blend garlic in the GI soother and or dewormer .
Just got back giving the banamine shot.
I have been mixing the two herbals in 2 tablespoon of yogurt mixed up good. At first few days she liked it but today she didn’t want it.
You can mix with enough water to drench it..then add and blend the garlic. Drenching syringes are awesome for this. I do this with our parasite blend.
Where is best place to listen to a goats lungs.?
I start the stethoscope just behind and slightly above the front leg. Then I slowly move it up until I get a good spot to listen.
Ok, I was in the right place. Thanks
I am following this thread and just wanted to say @TCOLVIN You are so diligent, patient and hard working with Ellie, and so are the helping members! I am cheering for Ellie (and you!)!
Wow. That temp is too high. I think maybe there is definately a secondary infection somewhere.
My vet call me back and said he had baytril . Said it was a different kind and he would give it once and wait 3 days and give a second shot. What do you all think about switching antibiotics?
My thoughts are to go for it but strictly because of my situation is desperate now.
10//15/20-temp 102.6, gave oils and herbals, 3 ml Nuflor. Forgot my yogurt but top dressed with slippery elm. This temp swing driving me crazy.
Oils meaning the 3 - w o, org, lemon g
I'd do the baytril.
Batril is a very strong antibiotic but should be given daily. Its not a long acting antibiotic. I don't see a reason to give one shot and wait three days. That really will do no good imo. If he is wanting to do a long acting antibiotic he can try Draxxin which has shown to be effective since it hits the lungs directly. Even with that sometimes we have to do another antibiotic between Draxxin 2 shots.
Now if you continue Nuflor between the two Baytril shots..at least then she won't be left vulnerable
My only question is is it a lung problem? They don’t sound bad to me. According to what I have read up on baytril is that it’s not for pregnant goats and she maybe? It is a very strong antibiotic. I’ll just stick with Nuflor I guess.
Yes.., very true, draxxin is best for actual lung issue like pneumonia
Personally if she were mine I would finish the round of nuflor then switch to herbal infection blend. Something is going on with this doe and antibiotics, while many are broad, are specific for different infections. Sonfar they Just do not seem to be correcting her issue. The fact that she get ill ever 3 weeks or so has me to beleive may have Somthing to due with heat cycle...perhaps it lowers her immune system? Goats can be such a mystery. Now with herbs you are not just addressing infection but providing nutrients. Herbs act different than antibiotics as the body uses the herbs effectively and they do act quickly. By her picture..she looks healthy. At a good weight. If she is not bred..I would not breed her until you have this figured out as she may have an unseen defect she can pass along or pregnancy maybe too much for her. Kristie of LOH is amazing in helping find the best blend for this situation. Im thinking the Herbamins and Infectiin blend but she has a few new ones. GUARDIAN is one. Why not message her and discuss whats going on. I truly feel this Doe has had enough chemical treatment. Its not working. Time for a change.
I would try another antibiotic totally, especially if you have been treating her every time with Nuflor and the issue always comes back.
It must be a different strain of infection going on, which Nuflor isn’t strong enough or isn’t the proper antibiotic to take care of this issue.
I agree baytril should be given daily though.
May not be in the lungs, but hiding somewhere.
Would not do baytril in the way vet suggested and maybe not at all...
Here's my thought process and I am curious @happybleats thoughts, don't do anything yet but for discussion -- My gut says the bacterial issue is in, well, her gut!
OCR mentions chronic/paracute enterotoxemia, I have heard of this - i.e. bacterial imbalance with clostridium perfringens. A CD antitoxin may not hurt.
On that note, activated charcoal or MOM to cleanse her may also not be a bad idea. @happybleats, your thoughts?
She looks good so I am hard-pressed to suspect Johnes but I do want to make sure she has been tested for it.
My mind is also considering something like FKS in an adult's microbiome. If we consider re-booting her whole system, a sulfa drug used for FKS will kill all bacteria (good included). That would be an interesting thing to consider.
This gal is stumping me but I would say to try the CD antitoxin I see no harm in that.