The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This evening around 5 pm I went to feed and all but one came right on. Ellie kinda stayed to pasture and just looking. I feed her with 3 more because they get along so well with out fighting. She finally came on and ate a little, then stood back off in the pen in the corner. She kinda stood there and grinder her teeth a little then just place her head in the corner. I have heard these symptoms before but can’t remember what was wrong. In the morning if she is still acting this way, I’ll get a temp and give her some probiotics. If she had no temp problems , I will give her a b complex shot and probiotics. I’ll do a famacha score also.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How's the goat? Possibly bloat? Give her baking soda. A tablespoon on a little bit of grain if she will eat it? Might need to syringe a water baking soda mix?
I give mine baking soda every couple of days.

·
TKC Farms
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are things?
Did you get a temp on her?
Sorry I didn't get back to you all sooner but the holiday was very busy with family and friends all day long. It was a great day. But to the main thing, Ellie is doing fine I think. I have her the probiotics this morning and a b complex shot. Her temp was 101.7 f. This evening I gave probiotics again and she came to pen on her own will and ate. I also gave her some green pecan leaves. I didn't do an evening temp because as I said we were loaded with 6 grand kids and their spouses and 13 greatgrands plus friends and all want to help in the goat pens. I'll get another temp in the morning when it's just me and my helper. Thanks for all your advice and concerns. Hope all of you had a happy 4th of July. We had a BIG fish fry with all the trimmings. Again thanks.

Reactions: ksalvagno

·
TKC Farms
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
New update. This morning temp was 101.5 f. I gave probotics plus again this morning and will this evening. Probably give her another b complex and get temp again. She came to pen on her own and ate with her buddies. A soda drench might be in order? She doesn’t look bloated and I have not seen her grinding her teeth since the first time I noticed her doing so. In fact other than the first time when she went off feed her actions have improved. Just her temp is a little low.

·
TKC Farms
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This evening her temp was 102.7f she ate her pellets and I gave her the cow bolus. Those things are as big as my thumb. I just open up the capsule and pour the powder in my drench gun and take a quart jar of warm water with me to pasture. I add the water and shake it up real good then drench her with it , then I draw another dose of warm water and give that behind it. There is enough powder in one capsule to fill my 30 ml drench to within a half inch of the top. I just keep working it and adding a little water until it is mixed good. These capsules are yeast caps. I have used them many times in the past. I will have to get some dark beer on hand.

Reactions: ksalvagno

·
TKC Farms
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She ate good this evening so I close my post. Thanks to all of you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts