The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All; They're almost 11 weeks old now ..... Potsie has gone to his forever farm home and is best buds with his new mate there. Their last pictures together are attached at 10 weeks old. Dorothy is hardly nursing but seems to be doing so only on the one side so today Ellie was super full and lopsided on the other and we milked her out a bit. Do I need to continue to do this daily for her? Is about 1/2 cup enough? Isn't it supply and demand and she will just keep making milk if I do? Tiny is now King of the Kingdom and is constantly after both his mom and Dorothy. Ellie still goes after him and he is still in the house at night but we are working towards more and more inclusion.

Any advise on drying her up or just letting it go naturally? We don't want to have to remove Dorothy if at all possible. Some days are still hard but hopefully we are getting there.

I look forward to your helpful insights.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I always seem to rush to panic. We milked her out the one time and now dorothy nursed from the other side and evened things out. Human hands not needed at this time. Hoping nature takes it course and she weans dorothy on her own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts