Ellie

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by TCOLVIN, Dec 4, 2020.

1. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    Ellie has been picking, (Biting) I guess on her back end and legs. I didn’t see any mites but her hair is picked up in serval places. I have some Cydectin blue pour on for cows, will top drenching her with it down the back work to kill mites or do I just do the ivermectin shot?

2. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    I saw Ellie's name and clicked immediately! How's she doing otherwise?

How does the skin look?

I think an ivermectin shot would cover all of your bases - with picking on back end I always become concerned about m worm, ivermectin can nip that in the bud if there are no neurological symptoms present. It will also take care of both mites and lice.

Be sure to follow up a few hours after with probiotics and continue for a day or two.

MadHouse likes this.

3. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki

The pour on will be fine.

MadHouse likes this.
  4. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    She is doing fine. Still on essential oils, 3 on 4 off. I still give her 5 ml of aloe juice once a week. Probotic powder and flax meal sprinkled over her feed 4-5 times a week and whole garlic cloves and peanut butter. She has not had any more set backs thank GOD. I really appreciate what you did for her. I haven’t given her anymore herbal dewormer in the last 3-4 weeks. She eats good, I feed her alfalfa pellets and oats with a 1:1 ratio mix.

NigerianDwarfOwner707 likes this.
  5. NigerianDwarfOwner707

NigerianDwarfOwner707 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2018
    East Coast, USA
    You can keep up with that herbal wormer, it helps keep creepy crawlies away off the fur too!