The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help fast, let my little ones out this morning and my baby Dewie, has the poops, I'm sure it is coccidia, don't know what to buy to treat it, and where.
Dustee is ok, so far, I get confused with some of the meds at the store, as they are ok to give goats, but are only listed for calfs, horses, ect. thanks, praying I get an answer quick

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dwarf Nigerians

Thank you all for your help, I got the meds, pepto and electrolytes in him, He seems much better this evening, poops have stopped and I got him cleaned up, which was a treat, dont know what I would do if I didn't have you all to ask questions. Have a wonderful eve.:)

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
I cook mine..or you can give straight from a can..be sure its plain pumpkin and not pie filling : )

but goats love it raw too

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update on baby Nigerian Dwarf goatie

First of all, Thanks to everyone who was available for help when Dewee had the poopies, he is doing well, he did not have cocci, so glad about that, took a poop sample to my vet, all clear for worms, so we are thinking he ate something yucky and upset his system, I really appreciate the fast reliable help from all of you, Have a great week.:)

·
Super Moderator
32,155 Posts
Good news he is better....I keep C D Antitoxin on hand at all times..any time goats have a runny butt or upset rumen...its good to have...a life saver and wont hurt to give even if they end up not needing it :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.