The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emergency- Goat Homes Needed in NE Georgia

It breaks my heart to say this, but I desperately need to find new loving homes for my goats, and I need to do so as quickly as possible. I have done my best to give these guys a wonderful life here, but I am dealing with health concerns in my family, as well as financial difficulties, and I just can't find another solution.

There are 19 goats that I need to place. They are a mix of Nubian and mini Nubian, with a little bit of mini Lamancha thrown in for good measure. I am not looking to sell them. If you can give them a good home, they are yours, free and clear. They do not all have to go to the same home.

These goats are best suited to life on a small homestead that needs brush control, and yummy goats milk. They aren't going to do well in the show ring. And I certainly don't want them to end up on someone's dinner table.

They are friendly and and easy to handle. We spend time with them every day, and they crave human attention.

My herd is free of CL and CAE, and none of my goats carry the G6S gene that can cause such devastating problems in Nubians. They are not registered, but do have some nice bloodlines.

Please feel free to pass this information along to anyone who might be able to help. I DO NOT want them to go for meat. I will be glad to answer any questions or concerns.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. By an amazing stroke of fortune, it looks like we may have found homes for all of them already. And at least some of them will be able to stay together. I hate to say anything until it's a done deal, in case I jinx it. But if all goes well, it will have worked out better than I could have ever hoped.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If it doesn't work out, pm me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your deal doesn't go through, My husband and I have 25 acre of scrub brush that we currently have only 4 saanen mix (yearlings) on. We could use some more, We live in Rocky Mount NC. And we could get them as soon as you needed. Thank you for your consideration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like some if you are still in a pickle. I would take 5 or 6. Have Is Nubian male now and the rest are pigme.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would like some if you are still in a pickle. I would take 5 or 6. Have Is Nubian male now and the rest are pigme.
Theoretically, I have homes for everyone now, although it's taking a while to get everyone to their new places. If anything falls though, and I need a backup, I'll let you know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts