Emergency kidding phone numbers

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by trob1, Feb 16, 2008.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Kidding season seems to be underway. Alot of members are new to kidding and I would like to offer my phone number out to anyone who finds themselves in a kidding emergency that needs a calm voice to take them trough getting a kid out. Put this number either in your phone or in your kidding box. If anyone else want to post their contact info and when they can be called on for help please do so. When an emergency happens there isnt time to come online and see if someone knows what to do.

Teresa Robbins- 615-289-4418 - Central time zone - available from 5am to 9pm - I have too much experience with getting malpositioned kids out and all have lived. I am no expert but willing to help.

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    How kind of you! This being my first year to raise goats, I have learned alot so far just from reading the posts here. But, I will put your number in my phone and pray I don't have to use it, THANK YOU! Di

3. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Thanks Teresa.It's in my phone although I hope I never have to use it.

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Great idea! Thanks, since I buying a bred doe it will help to ease my mind. I just hope I don't need it! :wink:

5. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    In case Teresa is not available or it is during the night, http://www.goatworld.com/911/ has a list of people willing to help out in emergencies for their area. They are listed by state and country (yep, have some other countries).

Thanks, Teresa, I've never repositioned. I believe Brad has with cattle, but no doubt my hands will be the ones going in since they are smaller.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am just not feeling right about putting my number on the open forum - if you would like it feel free to pm me and I will happily give you my number to assist in emergencies.

I have kidded large dairy breeds for years and the minis for going on 3 years now. I have repositioned kids a couple times - including breach and 2 at once. I have assisted in other ways many times.

again just pm me for my number.

7. sixshooterfarm

sixshooterfarm New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Valley Springs, Ca
    I am usually available 24/7. You are welcome to call me in the middle of the night as I am usually up anyways! home 209-772-7510 and my cell 209-753-8360. Lots of experience getting malpositioned babies, too big of babies and mommas tht dont want to push! thanks, rachel

[Edit by admin - this member no longer raises goats and has since moved to a new home.]

8. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Rachel, I wrote your number down and put it in my kidding kit. Just know I may call you in the middle of the night sometime, with a kidding emergency! :ZZZ: Thanks!

9. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Glad to see some more people willing to help out during kiddings. :leap:

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I would, but I only have two kiddings under my belt lol. :shocked:

11. QualityCaprine

QualityCaprine New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    Nebraska
    Shelly Lienemann-Vantine (308) 225-2814, (308) 430-5124, or (308) 247-2620

24/7/365

12. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !!

I hope I won't have to call but it is nice to know someone is there if I do!

13. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am willing to help out if anyone needs it. I haven't been through a ton of kidding's, but I have had to assist a few. Available whenever. I'm almost always up. :coffee2:
    978-870-3769

If I don't answer then leave a message and I will call back. :wink:

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Allison Spacek 509.499.5828 cell

You can call anytime - but mostly 5am - 9pm PST m-f and 9am-9pm PST I always have my phone connected to my hip - as DH likes to say!

But seriously you can call at anytime and if you get my machine - leave a message. If I don't recognize the number, I don't answer, but I will listen to the message and call you right back!!!!

15. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    I was just wondering if any of these offers are still good?? I have 3-4 FF due this year and its my first year breeding. Maddie is due any day, with day 145 being the 28th. And my vet isn't always the best at getting back me, he thinks I know alot about my animals. Anyway I will gladly share my cell number so that you know whos calling :shades: Just Pm me. Thanks Cathy

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Cathy I pmed you my number

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Dobie -

This thread was started yesterday 1/25/09 - so yes - it is still good!!!

Stacey, what do you think of making a sticky for the numbers so that I can list everyone who wants to participate in an easy to find list instead of the thread. Then when someone wants theirs taken off, we can delete it from the list??? Let me know and I can do it at work tomorrow!

18. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Sorry I must have mis read it looked like it was started about a year ago that why I wondered if the numbers were still good. My fault :oops: Cathy

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    no problem Cathy!

I figure - my phone number is on my website - so might as well have it out for everyone! :wink:

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    actually Alison this is a sticky already, trob1 started it back on Feb 16, 2008 :wink: